Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Tell Sharon You & Her are both in Cheryl & my prayers.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:55 pm

Sorry to hear about Sharon's mom. Our love to her.

Gary, love the punkins!

Catching up after a big day at work. Got to speak at a conference at National Harbor. It was fun and well received. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:46 am

Thanks BP. Tonight we'll be delivering them to the Grandkids, maybe have a little pizza also. Woke up to pretty steady lightning, 68.7°f & 100% chance of rain today, so says Alexa. That's bad news, as today is Octoberfest here. We don't usually go, other than to pick up lunch, as it's 99% crafts and we're goota' to go with what we already have. They have an afternoon parade to close out the event. It was rained out last year too I believe. They used to stage the parade in front of our house, but since the tornado they've changed the parade route, so that was the end of that.
The CNC camel I built a few years ago for the Christmas program is being evicted. The barn where it's been stored for the last years, is being rented out, so we've lost out free storage space. I cleared a spot out behind the neglected Camaro, so if the weather cooperates for a little while, Jeff & I plan to bring it back here, until we can find it a new home. The alternative is the burn pile. :oops: :oops:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Jeff & I went out to the barn to pick up the camel. The guy is running a flea market out there. I said I was there to pick up the camel, as I was the guy that built it originally. He asked what I was going to do with it. I said just move it to a spot I cleared out in my shop, to save it from the burn pile until we can figure out what to do with it. He said whatdaya want for it? I said what's it worth. He said would you take 50 bux? I said SOLD. I'll throw the extra fifty in the plate tomorrow. It's worth multiple times more than that, but only if a buyer can be found. To me it was worth 50 just to not have it in the shop, and it found a home rather than being destroyed. So, everybody wins.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Great bargain, Gary! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Got a lot of hours in that ol' guy. Learned how to do 3-D CNC on that project. But, it's been stored since 2011 and there's no place to keep it, so.....
It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
camel painted right.jpg
camel painted right.jpg (86.46KiB)Viewed 1011 times
camel painted left.jpg
camel painted left.jpg (79.77KiB)Viewed 1011 times

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Very cool. One of the works on the way to artisanship! bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:13 am

57.4°f, Sunday = Waiting for Cheryl.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 am

Morning. Mid 60's this morning and mid 80's this afternoon. Friday Sharon was with her siblings going over all the arrangements for mom's funeral and sorting out what they are going to do with the household items. She paid the rent on the first of the month so they have the remaining days to make some decisions but her mom and the landlords were friends and may give us some extra time. They will have a hard time finding a renter like mom as she took care of the place like she owned it. Yesterday Sharon and I mowed the yard yesterday and dead headed the mums after going for breakfast and doing some shopping and ended the day with pizza. I put the Astro Van on Craigslist Friday afternoon and have had a bunch of calls and sold it last night. Had tire kickers, low ball offers, Harley trades, and if it would have went further I know I would have had a I have to talk to my wife response but it is SOLD, SOLD, SOLD just like Barrett Jackson or Mecum Auctions. Now on the the 84 Chevy shortbed unit. Could have sold a camel if I had one but didn't have one in stock!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:26 pm

I'm fresh out of camels myself Jack. :wink:
Cheryl cooked 4 pumpkins from the garden today, to freeze before we leave. Home grown pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving this year. She said sh'd bake some pumpkin bread before vacation, just to give it a test. :idea: :idea:

I changed out the battery for the Garmin® this afternoon. Old one was DOA. They don't make this model anymore, but the battery is still available on Amazon so we're goota' to go. Also bought a Jackery® battery pack, so we can use the Garmin® on extended foot excursions (where ever it may be we excurve). :wink: Up early tomorrow to hit it hard for 4 days, to see how much of the job list I can whittle down. Should get pretty close to all of it, as long as I don't answer the phone. :idea:

Return to “What's Up”