Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Made it to Mystic CT. Today. Found the Mayflower II at the Mystic Shipyard. It's being restored for the 400 year anniversary of the landing @ Plymouth Rock, 1620-2020. We have tickets for tomorrow so hopefully we can get some photos of the rebuild. Cold and wet today, but it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:27 pm

I don't have internet access here, only with the phone. I could call the desk and get it connected, but for a 1night stay and I'm about ready to crash anyway, not worth the effort.
Here's a photo of the screen for now. The Mayflower II is being restored under this canvas shed
IMG_20181015_192114.jpg
IMG_20181015_192114.jpg (7.51MiB)Viewed 1294 times

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:02 am

Morning. I am enjoying the trip Gary with your photo documentary. If you stop close to us on the way back give me a shout.
36/56 for the day with the sun trying to peek through the clouds. Yesterday I went and had the hole in my molar from the root canal filled before we did some shopping and stopped for breakfast. I stopped at the mechanics to make an appointment for him to look at a tire that is out of balance and questioned him why the S-10 is not starting properly. We drop it off Thursday to have him look at it. Later in the evening we took a pizza up to my oldest brother for a little party and dropped off some care packages of food as he is going in for a knee replacement on Wednesday and will be house bound for a short period of time thereafter. We are headed out shortly to get some compost for the lawn and garden so it can do its thing over the winter and amend the soil. Sharon just called her sister and they are meeting at mom's house tomorrow to start sorting things out for the sale so I think I will put the 84 truck in the garage and try to get the gas tank thing resolved. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 pm

We got a goota' look at the Mayflower II today, along with a ton of other stuff. Internet is super slow here, now in Hyannis, MA. Headed out to sea tomorrow morning. More photos when we can.
mayflower 1.jpg
mayflower 1.jpg (221.1KiB)Viewed 1219 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:20 am

Waiting again. This time, not for Cheryl but for the Grey Lady IV. Taking a 1 hour cruise out to Nantucket. Coming back tomorrow.
IMG_20181017_091659.jpg
IMG_20181017_091659.jpg (3.3MiB)Viewed 1174 times
See ya later.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:27 am

Morning folkz. 31/51 today with the mid 50's yesterday so it was pretty mild with the sun shining but the winds were up to 26 MPH. Sharon went to do some sorting at her mom's house and I went to pay some bills and tried to replace the dryer belt but needed a few more hands and had to wait on Sharon to return home before we finally got it back together. The problem wasn't the belt, but we put the new one on anyway, but a 2" drywall screw that had gotten wedged in where the drum rides on the front panel. Must have been that darn Sharon that had it in her jeans pocket and it slipped out!!!!!!!!!! Not me! Oh well its back up and running. After she came home we prepped some more meals for us and my brother who is having the knee replaced. He is done with surgery and is coming home today. We watched the Talladega race that we recorded last weekend and marveled at the speeds of over 200 MPH those boys were running door handle to door handle. The dog is possessed with Sharon being home all the time and when she leaves it sits at the door and cries. They are becoming inseparable. Today I am going to my buddy's house for lunch and will return home in time to pick up little Lola from school and we will take her to the park or to the mall to play, it all depends on the weather. The neighbor is having his house sided and the Amish crew showed up on Monday, ripped the aluminum siding off and replaced it with vinyl and I think they are done or almost done. A full two story house in a few days and those four men were hustling. Helps when you know what you're doing and have the right tools. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:54 pm

We're having dinner in the pub next to the B&B we're staying at tonight. Went to an alpaca farm this afternoon and got a few good shots of the lighthouse between Edgartown and Chappaquiddick at sundown. They're all locked in the camera until we get the laptop fired up. We're traveling light while on the islands so we don't have to lug too much stuff around. Check is here so, time to head back to the fort for the night.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:24 am

We took a transit bus from Edgartown to Oak Bluff and are now sitting in a tour van ready for a 3hr tour of the island. The driver's name is Harry not Gilligan so we should get back ok. :D :D

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:20 am

Morning. Glad youz guyz are having fun Gary. Good video of the wa-wa.
48/58 with rain later tonight. Yesterday was a lazy day, Sharon and I went for breakfast, stopped to pickup a battery for the 84 truck, stopped for groceries, and I finally found the oil for my compressor. $17 dollars a liter but I haven't changed the oil in way to many years and they don't make them like the one I have anymore. It is an Ingersoll Rand and I think I bought it in the mid 90's? After our shopping trip we went to Lola's preschool meeting and Sharon was over the moon in her grandmother mode. All those little kidders make me smile. We came home and did a few things and Sharon asked me where I was taking her for dinner so we hashed that around for a while and came up with a plan. Stopped on the way home and had ice cream then watched some TV before bed. Good day in all. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi, guys. Saturday again so time to breath and catch up. Denise is in Ocean City, MD, at an education convention, so Jason and I are batching it. Went and enjoyed some Five Guys burgers last night. Emily is out of down at a convention, too, but she's flying in at 4pm today and I'm going to pick her up to hang out this weekend. We all three will go out for dinner and a movie tonight. Looking forward to it. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”