Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Novel-T
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Novel-T » Wed May 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Morning. We were to head home from Kamloops today but I’ve gotten sick. Staying another day hoping to be better tomorrow RATS.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu May 31, 2018 11:56 am

Morning

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:44 pm

Mornin'......almost noon. 89.8°f. Think I'll mow the lawn over noon. Good rain last night has kept the hot temps from baking the lawn, so it' growing like a weed. :lol: Corn was just popping through the ground a few days ago, now the rows are almost filled in. It's growin' like a Weed too. I changed my mind & sprayed the weeds yesterday morning. We had about 6-7 hours of heat before the rain came so I hope the weeds are toast. If not I'll repeat in a few days. :?:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 31, 2018 9:50 pm

Evening. Speaking of weeds... I spent half the day dealing with those rascals. Wow, what a day. Up in the mid to upper 80's with a humidity level that would almost drowned you just standing still. I started with landscaping at the church at 8:00, a downpour at 10:00 drove me out, back home where we had no rain and more landscaping for the neighbors till 3:00 in the afternoon but my buddy came to help me or I wouldn't have made it. Sharon came home and we both took a nap before getting cleaned up and heading out for supper. Ice cream after that made it a good day for sure. What does tomorrow hold???????? :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:36 am

Good news. All the weeds are looking poorly, so they mustuv' drunk somethin' they shouldn't have. :shock:

78.8°f and sunny. Spoz' to be partly sunny with a high of 84°f today. I got a rust job to temporarily cover up some lettering on a sign up near Joliet. I had just enough time to get it done before small group last night. When I got there I found there was an "extra" 2 sided sign that needed info blocked out also. :oops: Sumudie' forget to mention that. So, another trip is in order. As luck would have it, the sign is just a mile north of the track. And this weekend the NHRA Nats. are at the track. :?: :idea: So, I may put off finishing the other sign until this afternoon. Then on the way home I might stop by the track for a minute or 2 or so. :wink:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Good Morning.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Just got back from Rt66 NHRA Nats. Didn't turn out like I had hoped. Me being the old guy, my hip was driving me nuts. I ended up leaving after the first round. Too bad too as the temp was 64°f and dropping when I left, so I imagine round 2 mighbt be quick. I didn't want to walk way out to the truck after second round, cuz' it's usually like a cattle drive when everybody leaves. I wasn't sure the ol' hip would go for that so I took off, so I could pace myself. :oops:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:16 am

Morning. Gary if you find a deal on new body parts (human that is) let me know as mine are wearing out fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
64/77 today with possible rain but the dew point has dropped drastically. Yesterday was sweltering and in the low 80's so we did some inside work after breakfast and grocery shopping. We fixed a meal for some friends that are taking care of their sickly father and took it to them. We donated our time to help them do a cleaning job they had to do and finished it up so they could have a night of their own together as we took their daughter out to dinner with us and then took her shopping at the mall. We had a good time and they had some time to enjoy the evening and they don't have to go back today to finish the cleaning job as it is done. Today is going to be a leisurely day that we will take as it comes our way. Sharon is enjoying her first three day weekend of her semi-retirement. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Good Morning, bought some USD yesterday. Still don't have a conformation from the Ramada, or booked flights yet. June 7th I see the Oncologist, that will decide what our plans will be.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:24 pm

Got the wiring done on the vac/lights/fan panel. Jeff would be proud, got it working on the first try. :lol: :lol: Then I tore the old wall A/C out of the CNC room and installed a new one. The old one came out of our neighbors house when they switched to central air. That was many many moons ago. I put the new one in with the hand crank dolly/lift. That worked pretty goota' and saved the back at the same time. I was just finishing the caulking when the neighbor came home. We talked about the old A/C finally giving up, then compared notes on the sore hip deal. :lol: :lol: :lol: Couple old guys complaining about gettin' old. :lol: :lol:
I shot great stuff in the gaps around the A/C, so I think that job will be put on hold until it dries, so I can trim the great stuff back and install the inside trim, maybe next week. Now if (when) it gets hot I can still work on the CNC/vac set up #2, Fix up the CNC wiring harness, upgrade the software, add the 4th axis and give the whole place a much needed organizing & cleanup. The rest of the afternoon will be cleaning & organizing out in the shop soz' it'll be ready for Monday. Then later today is the annual "D" company picnic. They always have the mostest bestest catered food.

Hope you get some good news on June 7th Boyd.

Return to “What's Up”