Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Evening folkz. Back from a mini vacation to Columbus for the weekend. Sharon and I have been planning to go for several weeks but last week the weather was just terrible with temps in the 90+ so we went this weekend. Ate at two unique places on two different ends of the scale. First was a all natural foods with bean tacos and corn on the cob and was pretty good. The second was Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Place and they had all kinds of stuff for your hot dog. Sharon and I were twice as old as any of the other patrons at the hot dog joint with all kinds of different (?) dress and life styles. It was an experience. I took my hearing aids out as all the noise was being amplified to a brain splitting level so I just yelled at Sharon and she yelled back at me. We stopped earlier in the day at IKEA to browse and see all the new things from Sweden's workers, stopped for ice cream at Greater's and I had the best butter pecan ice cream of my whole life. Yep, sugar went ballistic but boy was it yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to be home and the dog went nuts when she saw Sharon. I do too but I can't jump up and down like that anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:56 am

Great stuff! Boyd and friends. Gary and dueling lawnmowers. And Jack and Sharon doing the big town! Glad you all enjoyed the weekend.

We had a great time today. I got all my work wrapped up, wrote some bills, and then Em came for a visit. We cooked out and had a great time.

Now all are snoozing (me too, soon). And we will send Em and Jason to work and Denise and I will take off for Ohio on the first leg of our trip that will take us to her 40th High School Reunion and will end with the Drag List Nats! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:05 am

Mornin. Time for another workweek. Today the sunzout with a 68°f start. Today may be the day we build Metropolis.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:24 am

Good Morning, More or less an easy day today. One chore will be removing a table from the back porch. We had visitors Saturday night when we were almost swarmed by wasps. We had to go inside. Under the table [which has a cloth over it] has a 7 inch nest. I've sprayed the heck out of it.but still have to move the table.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 am

Mornin'. Cloudy & looking a lot like it could rain. There was a change order in the construction of the wall I'm spoz' to put the Metropolis panels on, so that project will be delayed until they make the appropriate changes.
Pretty much signs inside all day today. Mid to upper 90's coming later this week.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:53 am

Morning. 68/78 with rain today but I am making an executive decision and taking the day off. I am going to my buddy's house and we are going out for lunch. Yesterday the AC man came and installed my new A-coil unit for the air conditioner and I did some weeding and scraped an old bench and replaced it with another we had on the front porch. We put a pair of chairs out there so we can go out and have our coffee in the morning when Sharon is fully retired. We went to the church last night to measure for some patio blocks on a project I am doing then stopped for chicken and taters before going to Lowes for the blocks. Back home and talked to the neighbor lady who needed help in finding the correct oil for her mower and in the process I found my jack stands that I had lent to her ex husband and a pair of old saw horses too. She told me she is cleaning house and anything that he hasn't came to get is going OUT! He truly messed up and now is missing appointments with his daughter when she is expecting him. I just don't understand. We cancelled the annual 4th of July party here at the house as the heat index for Sunday is to be over 100 degrees and most of the participants are 60 and above. Moved it to the Pizza Oven in Massillon but they are having renovations till the 3rd and we may have to make other plans if that falls through? When we contacted everyone and explained the heat situation everybody said, "Oh yeah." If we can't find a place we will just abort the mission till next year but I told everyone that we can get together on September 8 at Sharon's retirement party at the church. :D :D :D

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:16 pm

Good day I’ve been in Langley hospital since Monday night

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:30 am

Morning

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Afternoon folkz. We are pulling for you Boyd.82 and sunny today. Did some computer stuff this morning, paid a bill, stopped for lunch, stopped at Lowes for Miracle Grow then home. Need to get some stuff planted and outside things done before next week. Going out to feed flowers and do some maintenance on the garden now. I want to wash the Mercruiser but this weekend is starting tomorrow with Sharon on her three day weekends and it may not get done till early next week. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Noon. I got up early this morning & lettered 4 trailers (removed old vinyl first) before the sun got too high in the sky. Trailers were out in the parking lot with no shade so early was goota'. A guy stopped by the trailers and said he was dropping off some signs (46) needed Monday. Also waiting on a roll of black vinyl soze' I can finish up the warehouse signage order. Then I have 2 water trucks to cut vinyl out for. When I get that done, I'll take the rest of the day off. :wink:

Return to “What's Up”