Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:44 am

Mornin'. We're going tile hunting today. We've got a lot of miles to cover and we have our Small Group Christmas dinner/party tonight @ 5, so we're Gettin' an early start on the day.
28.8°f still dark, so who knows if there's clouds :shock: Hope there's no rain, Justin Case we find tile and haul it home. Hate it when the cardboard boxes get wet. :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:48 am

***************** Weather Update*********************

I was just outside and the stars are shining bright. From that observation, I was able to determine the skies are clear.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:29 am

Gary, you have a PM.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Gary, you have a PM.
Socket .... to me. :lol:

Just got home and have the truck unloaded. We found some tile we like, so another piece of the puzzle is here. We took a wrapped pallet of tile. When we got home, we found one pack of 8 were broke in half. :oops: I could bring them back (1.5 hours away...but) :?: The layout I have shows us needing 1/2 to maybe 1/3 size tile in places, so I 'hink I'll keep them. We bought 2 extra boxes, just to make sure we could finish the job with the same lot number, so we should be goota' to go.

Looks like I need to replace the pads on the front of the truck before we tear into the bathroom. I thought I could hear a bit of a noise just before the truck would come to a stop. By the time we got home with the extra 1,200 or so Lbs. of payload, there was no doubt the brakes are shot. Got about 100 miles short of 69,000 miles on the factory units, so I guess they are about due. I do a lot of trailer pulling, so they get a workout.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:10 am

33.0°f and sunny. It's wait for Cheryl time again.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Afternoon folkz. Low 30's this morn and it is 42 now which is to be the high. Yesterday Sharon took down and stored all the Christmas decorations and carried all the boxes to the basement without telling me. I just surfed the net on LS engines and swaps into an S 10, gadgets for the kitchen and watched several VinWiki videos on YouTube. Some interesting stuff with sales of the very high end cars. Ate leftover pizza and other things we had in the fridge for lunch and dinner. Watched a few videos we had recorded and called it a day. Sharon was exhausted and I was feeling pretty good. Off to church this morning and no events scheduled for today. Chill all day. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:41 pm

Went to Aurora to exchange some of the tile we bought Sat. Replaced some that came off the pallet broken. The store was short some bull nose tile, so I had to run to the Lombard store to pick up the rest. Good news, it was a bull nose they are discontinuing, so we got it for pennies on the buck. Also, the Lombard store is bigger, so they had some chair rail that we wanted, but had sort of given up on finding. And, that jog up north put Crest Hill right in line for the return trip. :idea: Even got to cruise Rt 66 for few miles. :arrow: :arrow: Came home and took the foyer winder' display down. A few more odds N ends showed up, for the bathroom project today too, compliments of the big brown truck.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:24 pm

HI, everyone. Another slow day here. Got NHRA TF champion Steve Torrence on the show in a half hour. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Afternoon fellow DL's Low 50's this morning and up to almost 60 this afternoon but they are calling for snow by this time tomorrow. Talk about extreme changes! I have been in low gear ever since the heart episode and haven't done much of anything except surf the web and watch videos. I went to Physical Therapy for my shoulder this morning and then did lunch with Sharon after her PT and we are both in low gear now. We are going out this afternoon to take the dog for a walk and get a little sunshine rays before the sky falls in tonight. We had Johnsonville brats with peppers, onions and mushrooms over mashed taterz last night for supper and it was oh so good. We are planning to go look for a gold necklace for Sharon tomorrow as it is the only day this week we have open and that is not filled with appointments of some kind or other. We are retired and it should be days and days of leisure but NOPE we always have something on the agenda. :D :D :D
Gary, thanks for looking at the prospective Mercruiser for me. 8)

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:32 pm

Glad to do it Jack. 'Bout time to call it a day. Ended up in LaSalle this afternoon working on signs. Glad I got them done today 45°f+. Tomorrow is spoz' to be 25°f-14°f.

Return to “What's Up”