Say hi to the gang for us BP.
I replaced the short cable from the pre amp to the antenna, the one that looked like it may have a leaking seal. And I'll be if that didn't fix it. Cable pin was rusty, rusty, rusty.
New cable ends are wrapped with sealing tape and sprayed with leak sealer. You know the stuff the " I sawed this boat in half" pitchman sells on TV. Shouldn't fail this time I hope.
Since it's very cold up there, I decided to button it up and finish when the weather is a little more forgiving. At least we have all the stations back that we had before the seal problem. Metal tower is a little too chilly for this old guy.
I think I found the reason the rotor doesn't work anymore. I'm no TV repairman mind you but the wire running up the tower to the rotor LQQKs suspect to me. I rewired the rotor and ran the wire down under the deck for now, another warmer day project.
Now it's time to take the kids to PF-Chang's. That sounds like a much more fun job.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.