Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:04 am

Glad you enjoyed the show bp. Gary, you did a nice job on that tiling.
19/40 today with overcast skies. I went to my diabetes doctor yesterday and the results weren't too good. I have to start taking a once a week shot to help control my sugar but with Spring coming that will allow me to be more active and keep the levels down. Made a pit stop with my buddy for breakfast then back to his place to discuss the ill's of the world and solve everyone of them before I headed home. Came home and talked to Sharon for an hour or two then went to the church to fix the aireators on all the spigots as they were getting clogged up and were starting to spray all over the place. Talked to the cleaning lady, who was full Amish at one time, about the Amish religion practices and how they view the world. Made it home about supper time and we had some chili and watched a recorded movie. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:28 am

Thanks Jack. Sure wish it was done. I'm ready for a few relaxed days for a change. My bones creak and muscles ache. We weren't planning a Grandkids night this weekend, because they were all a little under the weather. But, Jenni texted Cheryl last night saying they're feelin' better, so it's back on for tonight. I plan to clean the bathroom up this morning, give the shower stall one last coat of Hydro Seal on the floor and untiled lower walls, then do a little tweaking with thinset to level the floor. It's not off much, but I want to make sure everything is pitched toward the shower. Then, I plan to start laying the floor tile tomorrow. I'm ready to have the tile done so the dust I'm making will be a little less. We don't have forced air HVAC, but even so, we still have dust everywhere. :oops: :oops: Spring cleaning will come early for us this year, by necessity. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Got the bathroom all cleaned up and washed down. Got the last coat of Hydro Barrier in the shower area. Got the floor leveled so everything slopes toward the shower. Well, actually I have a spot in front of the door, but I'll do that when we get back from the Grandkids. :wink:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:55 pm

You guys work too hard! Stayed in and got some work done today. Got some snow here but the roads are just wet. Denise and Jason home and ready for the weekend. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:37 am

Mornin'. 29.5°f. They say we're in for heavy rain today, but it's dry now, so we'll see.
I got most of the floor leveled yesterday & did a little more last night when we got home from Grandkids time. This morning I got up and put a level to everything and found the floor along the south wall could use a little tweaking. Of course, that's the wall with the door, so I'll be hoppin' today. :lol: :lol: I was hoping to start laying tile this morning, but LQQKs like that won't happen at least until the thinset sets up. I have a little paint touch up to do & then probably continue grouting the wall tile. Right now I have a hot cup-o-joe to finish off.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 am

Morning folkz. 31/51 today with rain starting later in the afternoon. Carpet cleaning man just showed up so Sharon is a happy camper. We went to the lawyer's yesterday to do some planning for our wills and to get a trust set up. I don't want to let probate take anything that I've worked for and that will take care of that. I have to get the cars put in both of our names then attach a TOD to the title so that they will go in Sharon's son's name automatically. We then stopped for a Mexican lunch before coming home. Later after dinner we watched Free Solo a documentary about a guy that free climbed El Capitan, in Yosemite National Park, at a height of about 3000 feet. Wow, there were several times where I had to keep myself from falling off the couch. That was really impressive. Even a couple of the camera crew had to look away at times and they were climbers. Trying to cut back on our carbonated beverage intake here and it is a struggle. We or should I say I, have been doing flavored water that Sharon has been using for many years but with pizza I can't drink that and be happy. Mid westerners call it POP, East and West coast it is SODA and southerners call it COKE so I am a pop man. We went to San Diego to visit Sharon's son and daughter in law, we ate at a place on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame next to Grauman's Theater and I asked them if they wanted some more pop and and she gave me the weirdest look and when I came back. I found out that she thought I said pot! Nope. Okay, I'm going down and see how the cleaning is going. :D :D :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:00 am

Good morning! Snow still on the ground from yesterday but roads OK. Denise and I are chilling out while Jason delivers those good subs to happy customers around town. He doesn't get a day off until Monday. bp
Bill Pratt

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:33 am

Good morning! From snow yesterday to 67 degrees today, the Maryland weather is wacky! Hope you have a great day where you are. bp
Bill Pratt

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Mornin'.

No waiting for Cheryl this Sunday morning. I was using my fit bit knock off for a time piece this morning. Not thinking the watch updates the time (when it's in range of the cell phone). My phone battery died, so no time change update thingy. :cry: Allz' well, we still made it to Church in time. :mrgreen:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Mornin'.

No waiting for Cheryl this Sunday morning. I was using my fit bit knock off for a time piece. The watch's time updates when it's in range of the cell phone. Well, unless the phone battery is dead, then there's no time change update thingy. :cry: Allz' well, we still made it to Church in time, thanks to my lightning fast prep-N-go skills. :mrgreen:

Return to “What's Up”