I finished work stuff early today. It was very nice out, 50's and sunny, so I got this idea. Last summer I bought a set of new mulching blades for the mower, but failed at breaking the nuts loose, so I gave up. The factory blades are for a bagger, they don't dice up the clippings very well so they tend to kill the grass. I don't always have enough ambition to pull the sweeper around the yard every time, and sometimes the grass gets a little tall if I'm busy.
Since I took the deck off to install the snow blower (that I probably won't even get a chance to use this season, can't blow rain) I gave it another try today. I was able to get a much better grip on the breaker bar with the deck standing on end and they popped loose. So, even though I ran out of light, I pressure washed the deck so it'll be dry tomorrow, as it was sill well above freezing @ 7:30p. Tomorrow I'll beat on it with a hammer a little, weld on it a little, give it a rattle can paint job and a new set of belts. Maybe and little rust converter paint & some non stick graphite or teflon top coat for the bottom side to keep grass from sticking. Install the nice new bright yellow mulching blades. Then throw it back in the storage shed until the grass starts to grow.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.