Pipe Rack?

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Transman

Postby Transman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:51 pm

Pipe rack? LOL!!! Hey... I still have my SFI-20 stuff around if anyone has an open seat!!! Hint, hint!!! Yeah, the front end update is one of the things needed. Car was built new in '90 and I ran it from '91-95 and parked it then. Usually ran Super Comp and brackets with my little 341" motor in it. Did run some as an A/D with a Glide and 458" Schmidt motor in late '91, and with a then-partner's 572 BBC some Top Dragster in '92-93. Runner upped at 2 IHRA national events in TD. Then did some Super Quick stuff, and back to SC and brackets. I'd love to sell it and find a lightweight '32 Bantam ala a Comp car to throw the new motor into. Or, win the lottery and build an aluminum small block with a 'belt-driven' hoodscoop again! And Rapid... it's actually a little girl, who just turned 7 a month ago! The older two are 21 and 23, from my wife's first husband. He passed away when the kids were 2 and 4, and she did one heck of a job raising the two all on her own, got a teaching degree and job teaching 5th grade in Cedar Falls, and then we had our own right away after we married about 8 years ago. She's a keeper for sure! As to the little one and the wheel deal... I guess I could shorten it up for Junior Dragster racing..... :lol:
Last edited by Transman on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:54 pm

[quote="Transman"]Pipe rack? LOL!!! Hey... I still have my SFI-20 stuff around if anyone has an open seat!!! Hint, hint!!! Yeah, the front end update is one of the things needed. Car was built new in '90 and I ran it from '91-95 and parked it then. Usually ran Super Comp and brackets with my little 341" motor in it. Did run some as an A/D with a Glide in late '91, and with a then-partner's 572 BBC some Top Dragster in '92-93. Runner upped at 2 IHRA national events in TD. Then did some Super Quick stuff, and back to SC and brackets. I'd love to sell it and find a lightweight '32 Bantam ala a Comp car to throw the new motor into. Or, win the lottery and build an aluminum small block with a 'belt-driven' hoodscoop again![/quote

"Belt Driven Hood Scoop" I love it!!! :lol:

Don't you guys worry about Steve, {hum,,,why are all the pipe rack boys named Steve?} him and I have been friends for years, and he will fit in here fine. Watch reading his posts though,,,,they might have some trans-fluid on them when you open it! :roll: :wink: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Pipe rack? LOL!!! Hey... I still have my SFI-20 stuff around if anyone has an open seat!!! Hint, hint!!! Yeah, the front end update is one of the things needed. Car was built new in '90 and I ran it from '91-95 and parked it then. Usually ran Super Comp and brackets with my little 341" motor in it. Did run some as an A/D with a Glide and 458" Schmidt motor in late '91, and with a then-partner's 572 BBC some Top Dragster in '92-93. Runner upped at 2 IHRA national events in TD. Then did some Super Quick stuff, and back to SC and brackets. I'd love to sell it and find a lightweight '32 Bantam ala a Comp car to throw the new motor into. Or, win the lottery and build an aluminum small block with a 'belt-driven' hoodscoop again! And Rapid... it's actually a little girl, who just turned 7 a month ago! The older two are 21 and 23, from my wife's first husband. He passed away when the kids were 2 and 4, and she did one heck of a job raising the two all on her own, got a teaching degree and job teaching 5th grade in Cedar Falls, and then we had our own right away after we married about 8 years ago. She's a keeper for sure! As to the little one and the wheel deal... I guess I could shorten it up for Junior Dragster racing..... :lol:
Hey,
I got a buddy that has an all aluminum, 18 degree brodix small block for sale, complete and cheap..
I think he wants 11k..
You could not build it for less than 20.. 21k.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/dougp1972/Chevy_anim.gif[/img]

Transman

Postby Transman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:18 pm

I'd probably shy away from the Brodix 18* clones, as from what I've seen they don't flow that much better than a good 23* head. I like the All-Pro 23* heads if one were limited to a 23* head, those are killer for flow numbers and port configuration, but they'd require a big small block to work well. For a smaller motor I'd maybe go with GM 18* or 15* heads. The little 331" is in reality a budget piece if you can believe that! Many great deals on new, near-new, and used parts, and a total cost of maybe $7500. OEM 4-bolt block filled to pump holes with Hardblock, ARP studs on heads/mains, LJ 327 crank reworked and nitrided, home-ported Canfield 23* heads, titanium 2.10"/1.60" valves, Arias 14:1 pistons, Manley 6" alum rods, Stef's alum Comp Elim wet sump pan, Weaver Bros external single stage wet sump pump, Moroso 4-vane vacuum pump with Schuck mount plate, Jesel Comp rockers, belt drive, Comp roller, Crower lifters, Isky Tool Room springs, Hogan's intake, either a BG 750 Race Demon or a Holley 750 HP (gas either way...), etc, etc. Will be backed with a 7" converter going in the 6500-6700 area and a Glide. Looking for about 650-675 out of it hopefully.

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi Steve, from the other Steve, we'll take care of Randal (with one L), He won't know which Steve to go after!! Another long car added to the list!! :D :wink:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Doug

Postby Doug » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:23 pm

I'd probably shy away from the Brodix 18* clones, as from what I've seen they don't flow that much better than a good 23* head. I like the All-Pro 23* heads if one were limited to a 23* head, those are killer for flow numbers and port configuration, but they'd require a big small block to work well. For a smaller motor I'd maybe go with GM 18* or 15* heads. The little 331" is in reality a budget piece if you can believe that! Many great deals on new, near-new, and used parts, and a total cost of maybe $7500. OEM 4-bolt block filled to pump holes with Hardblock, ARP studs on heads/mains, LJ 327 crank reworked and nitrided, home-ported Canfield 23* heads, titanium 2.10"/1.60" valves, Arias 14:1 pistons, Manley 6" alum rods, Stef's alum Comp Elim wet sump pan, Weaver Bros external single stage wet sump pump, Moroso 4-vane vacuum pump with Schuck mount plate, Jesel Comp rockers, belt drive, Comp roller, Crower lifters, Isky Tool Room springs, Hogan's intake, either a BG 750 Race Demon or a Holley 750 HP (gas either way...), etc, etc. Will be backed with a 7" converter going in the 6500-6700 area and a Glide. Looking for about 650-675 out of it hopefully.
Sounds like a real nice combo at a great price.

AND.. I lied.
It's a 15 degree deal.. 461"
Complete intake to pan.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/dougp1972/Chevy_anim.gif[/img]

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:38 pm

Steve O. Don't pay any attention to Rapid Randy as he is one of those guys who secretly yearn to drive a funny car. Don't let all this altered bravado fool ya! LOL

Just in case anyone missed it, Steve won the Midwest Funny Car Assn. Championship back in 97. He is one tough competitor! :D :D

Transman

Postby Transman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:00 pm

Ha ha! If I look long enough... I can find a photo of Rapid in a... DOOR CAR! :shock:

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:31 pm

You had better watch your manners young man,,,,,I bet if I looked, I would be able to scrounge up a picture of you with a F**D {I can't type that 4-letter word} product!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the great wife and kids! Ya done good son! :D
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Return to “What's Up”