Animal and ADRL

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
Animal and ADRL

Postby animal jim » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm

8) Nowling back at helm of ADRL. Cordova will host one in May. Kenny wants me there. With Zeke of course. If anyone out there can front me 1/2 a mil. ,I will be there with a new contemporary Pro Mod to keep Zeke company! :wink:
It has been quite a ride!

Jack Redd

Re: Animal and ADRL

Postby Jack Redd » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Animal Jim, Will you be making any of the X-DRL races too?
Jack Approved!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 pm

I wish I had the dough, Jim. I could make a great silent partner! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 am

8) My first awareness of the X-DRL is interesting. Friday evening of the IMIS show in Indy. One week ago, Linda Lou and I who were staying at the Comfort Inn instead of at our tradtional Omni Hotel, walked from the Convention Center to the Omni. We went in the door by the banquet room and in that lobby was sign about the X-DRL get together. It had not started yet. We wandered downtown to find a place to eat. Ended up at Kilroys. Good food. Fun place. :wink:

On our way back, in a persistant drizzle of rain, we stopped again at the Omni banquet room. A couple nice women asked us in. First person I saw and talked to was Bobby Bennet. He explained what was going on. (I had no idea? :roll: :o ) Some racer captured Linda. Lot of people seemed to know who we were, but I could not say I knew anyone but Bobby. Bobby says, "This is who I am going to Support!" :roll: 8)

I said, "here we go again. Why can't everyone get along? " The man who talked to Linda, who was very nice, (wish I knew his name) gave us a X-DRL shirt and hat. 8)

But to answer the question , Will I appear at X-DRL events?

Number 1. Earlier that same day , At an inpompt meeting I commited to an appearance , requested by Kenny N. for Cordova's ADRL event in May.

Please realize,Cordova, Rt 66 and Great Lakes are home area tracks , and are dear to me. The Gardners at Cordova are my friends of a very long time. Chris McMahan who is second in command at Cordova and also acts as my booking agent is like a second son to me. He went racing with me when he was only 15. 8)

Number 2. Even if the X-DRL was not a conflict of interest for me. They have not offered any booking dates. :?:

I still get paid booking fees for appearances. Even from 66 were I work. If I run Zeke, or display my race cars,I get paid. :wink: That is part of Animal Jim Racing and has been since the 70s. 8) It is a business. 8)

If I was wealthy, I would appear for free, but like I have told many times, "My racing career left me semi famous, in one piece (almost) but not wealthy. But 2 out of 3 is not bad. :roll:

Also: If I was wealthy. I would fielding a brand new contemporary Pro Mod car instead of nursing 34 year old Zeke as a nostalgia attraction! 8)

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Good points, Jim. Wherever they race, I'll write down the ETs... Bill
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:17 am

It is amazing that the new XDRL and ADRL only have one conficting date - May 17, 18 & 19th. XDRL in Belle Rose, La.,
and ADRL in Cordova, Ill. Virginia Motorsports Park had both on their schedule, but declined XDRL's date. Looking
forward to XDRL at Maryland International Raceway on July 26 & 27th, that is the only one near me.
Jack Approved!

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:53 pm

8) Other than my crash in 93, Budds Creek has fond memories for me. :wink: I ran 4 of my cars there. I watch it on Pass Time. Saw my friend Dick Estervez with Daddy Warbucks there. :)

Return to “What's Up”