Route 66 Runs--- finally

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
Route 66 Runs--- finally

Postby animal jim » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 am

We finally got a Sat. Test and Tune and the Sunday Race on the 27th. and 28th. :D Great turn out. Time flew as all my tech expertise was challenged both days. :roll:

I commented to my senior tech expert and associate Ron Mac at end of Saturday ," As a tech official ,I think today I have experienced any Tech scenario that was possible." :| Ron agreed he had also. But we were wrong. On Sunday there came some new challenges. :lol: But we got through it ok and had a great week end. 8)

Route 66 Dragway has greatly improved as the friendly track. It without a doubt the best facility anyone could desire and with the best staff. Our goal at 66 is to provide a safe and friendly place to drag race or spectate. 8) We have seen lot of new faces that have switched to rt. 66 for their drag racing ambition. :D

We have some of the nicest cars in drag racing coming to 66 on a regular basis. Anyone interested in performance or drag cars should come and see those cars and talk to those racers as they are in waiting tech line. What is interesting and educational about bracket racers is: There can be 5 cars of the same year and model, but all done in a different way --but all work well. (There is always more than one way to accomplish a concept) . :wink:

I learn a lot from those racers and mechanics that helps me at my shop, Animal Jim Racing & Classic Car Service in Lacon, IL. Especially if I am working on a street machine or bracket car, I get ideas and share my ideas with the racers I meet at the track.

And I have been in this hot rodder racket since I was 17. 55 Years! And in the HP Automotive business since 1964. 49 years. :shock: And have owned over 100 cars and trucks. And over 1/2 were hot rods, muscle cars and race cars. And have worked on countless customers stuff. But I still learn from what I see at Rt.66.Raceway in Joliet, IL. :wink: Most those people are very creative and willing to share their ideas. 8)

Anyone building a car, working as a mechanic, owning a hands on shop, should haunt any drag strip to collect ideas. and get to see some nice cars and racing to boot. :D For me Route 66 Raceway in Joliet is the best I ever saw. That is why I choose to work there. :wink: 8) Plus Chicago land Drag Racing is my roots! :wink: :D

You never get done learning and seeing it all--if you choose to look. 8)
It has been quite a ride!

draglist
Site Admin

Re: Route 66 Runs--- finally

Postby draglist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks for the great commentary on this, Jim. I agree that you see the coolest things at the track, but as the tech guy, you REALLY get to see them, inside and out! Thanks for sharing that... and congrats on that amazing career (in which you are still learning... that's the best of all)... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”