Did I ever........

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:43 pm

Thunder Valley SD., I got to see the T/F track record set @ 6 sec. flat. You can tell that was a few years ago. :lol:

Still brings a tear to my eyes thinkin' about it. Must B the N-I-T-R-O :shock:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:30 pm

Use to sit there, Indian style, in front of the chainlink fence.....where they would push start the Top Fuelers from the top end.......and when they would do their burnouts....I'd end up bouncing either forward or sideways across the asphalt.....LOL.....Mom would wonder how in the world I'd be able to wear out the pockets on a brand new pair of britches so quickly....LOL.......
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

WildcatOne

Did I ever........

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:45 pm

June, 1962, Dickinson, Texas. Vance Hunt vs Bobby Langley in a 2-out-of-3 match race. 2 front-engine slingshots with cast-iron hemis running 6-71 blowers with the 4-injector stacks and air scoops sticking up, weed-burner headers and 99% in the tanks. Flag starter. They both ran 8-flat, a new track record, and left behind twin columns of white smoke the whole distance of the quarter mile. The race was declared a dead heat. To say my mind was blown would be an understatement...I'd seen pictures of dragsters boilin' the hides in Hot Rod Magazine and Drag News, but I had no idea of the sheer power, ferocity and unbelievable speed and volume that those things produced...a cast-iron 392 Chrysler Hemi, blown and running on nitro made a scream that can never be duplicated anywhere else. I was stunned beyond words. I thought to myself, "This is Rock 'n Roll...in its purest form..." But when the smell of nitro wafted across the track with the cloud of smoke and hit my nostrils, I was instantly transformed for the rest of my life into a fuel junkie. It was one of those life-changing moments that only happen a few times...that was one. The other among a few was when my son Kyle was born. From that day on, I have been a nitro addict. Life is good. Thanks, Bandito. Great thread, man. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:11 pm

Great post, Cat. Now it's clear why you love drag racing so much. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Gator

Re: Did I ever........

Postby Gator » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:48 am

June, 1962, Dickinson, Texas. Vance Hunt vs Bobby Langley in a 2-out-of-3 match race. 2 front-engine slingshots with cast-iron hemis running 6-71 blowers with the 4-injector stacks and air scoops sticking up, weed-burner headers and 99% in the tanks. Flag starter. They both ran 8-flat, a new track record, and left behind twin columns of white smoke the whole distance of the quarter mile. The race was declared a dead heat. To say my mind was blown would be an understatement...I'd seen pictures of dragsters boilin' the hides in Hot Rod Magazine and Drag News, but I had no idea of the sheer power, ferocity and unbelievable speed and volume that those things produced...a cast-iron 392 Chrysler Hemi, blown and running on nitro made a scream that can never be duplicated anywhere else. I was stunned beyond words. I thought to myself, "This is Rock 'n Roll...in its purest form..." But when the smell of nitro wafted across the track with the cloud of smoke and hit my nostrils, I was instantly transformed for the rest of my life into a fuel junkie. It was one of those life-changing moments that only happen a few times...that was one. The other among a few was when my son Kyle was born. From that day on, I have been a nitro addict. Life is good. Thanks, Bandito. Great thread, man. Cheers, WC1
:) :) :)
www.wallybell.com

Return to “What's Up”