DOCUMENT!!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
thunderlungs
DOCUMENT!!

Postby thunderlungs » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:55 am

Folks:

As an appraiser, I am called upon from time-to-time to hypothetically value a subject. That most often occurs following some traumatic event when that subject has been seriously harmed, fully destroyed or that plus removed such that no hulk remains. When facing such a task, owner documentation of what the subject was, how it was created, built, restored, re-created or modified and how it was conformed as a finished project. Lacking such information, I am - all tool often - required to make "Extraordinary Assumptions" so as to provide some basic perspective upon which to found a value opinion.

I write this having just completed such a project. Much of the necessary information outlined above was missing. The claimant suffered thereby.

PLEASE ... as you go forward with any restoration, re-creation or custom project ... OBSESSIVELY DOCUMENT both process and results (digital color photographs, no cell photos, please). And keep receipts and/or photocopies thereof. Otherwise, should "life" happen to what you value, being made whole for that loss is a vacant dream.

PLEASE.
Jon Lundberg, ASA
Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers

draglist
Site Admin

Re: DOCUMENT!!

Postby draglist » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:05 am

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Jon. Sage advice indeed. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

bandit

Re: DOCUMENT!!

Postby bandit » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Good to know!!
Nano!!

Return to “What's Up”