NHRA NC ESPN 2 ????

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
NHRA NC ESPN 2 ????

Postby animal jim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 am

:o What happened to NHRA finals on ESPN2 last night? Linda and I were watching the NHRA program from the beginning. Linda warned, don't you fall asleep again like you always do! :evil: Linda hates it when that happens! Toward the end of first round of Funny Cars, Sadly I dozed off. Prob. from drinking too much "Irish Cream" and later Suarez Tequila Margaritas. :roll:

I woke about 11:15 and NASCAR winner was being interviewed. :shock: Linda said about 9? ,the NHRA program changed to NASCAR. She said their was some kind of banner saying something about NHRA continuing at 10 PM? She waited and I slept. At 11.05 Linda was disgusted with ESPN2, Me and NASCAR (She had been a NASCAR fan .The NASCAR scandal last week disenchanted her.) So my Linda Lou went to bed. I woke up in my recliner about 11.15. NHRA never came on. :?:

:idea: Then it dawned on me ESPN may have changed the NHRA to a diff Channel. I failed to look. Linda said perhaps the banner had told that info-but she did not notice.:?: :?

Does anyone know what went on with the programming?

Sat. night qualifying was on ESPN News. Was supposed to be 2:30 AM. Did not come on till 3. And then it was a 1 hr. condensed program. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What the hell is going on. Is motor sports going down the crapper?

SPEED Vision is canceled, NASCAR pulls their crap. (They lost lot of fans over that-including my wife-we had tickets to Joliet NASCAR-but Linda did not care anymore.)

NHRA Drag Race Coverage is so unreliable. You cannot even trust when to record it. :roll:

We are back to watching football. At least it is reliable. :? 8)
It has been quite a ride!

pro70z28

Re: NHRA NC ESPN 2 ????

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:56 am

I don't have ESPN so I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it did indeed switch to another station, according to a post on the CFCB.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:06 pm

8) Facebook told they switched to ESPN News 207 on DTV. Same channel Sat. qualifying was on at 3 AM Sunday. And 1/2 hour late. And condensed to an hour. :roll: 8)

Back to Football for me. I love it too. And programming is reliable. :wink:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:48 pm

It clicked over to drag racing and all we saw was NASCAR. Turned it off and did something else. All I know is, folks are up in arms about it. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:01 pm

As usual, fans of NHRA get treated like red-headed step children. Qualifing at 3 something in the A flippin M?? I mean, Really!??? What do the egg heads at ESPN think we're going to do?...stay up all night to see crappy coverage?....Go to bed and set the alarm? And the WORST part of it all?....NHRA LETS IT HAPPEN!!!! :evil: :evil: Makes me want to back up to a pine tree and chew rosin....Grrrrr
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 pm

8) Shirley was guest on Sam Auxier Radio show last night. She offered a great idea. I and many others have thought along that idea.

:idea: Have two separate events. One for the Pros, Including Pro Modified. So it would actually be treated as a Professional class. That would make 5 classes. And nothing else! Except perhaps a couple Jet Cars and wheelstanders. That type of program would be similar to Don Garlit's PRO shows in the 70s. (Of which as a rookie Pro Stock racer I participated in a couple in 77 and 78. ) Better chance of good dependable time slots. Better media coverage. Not so rushed. :idea:

Then have the all the Sportsman , including TS and TD on another date. And include a Jet Car and or Wheelstander show. That way the Sportsman could be featured and doted on as they should be. Able to park on concrete, in the Pro Pits. Run off at reasonable times, better Media coverage and exposure. Not so rushed. The myriad Sportsman categories and classes could actually be explained. :idea:
Last edited by animal jim on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 pm

It would be great if the program would allow enough time to turn around with 60 minutes in the pits... something would have to be on the track at all times. bp
Bill Pratt

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 pm

It would be great if the program would allow enough time to turn around with 60 minutes in the pits... something would have to be on the track at all times. bp
Perhaps Top Dragster and Top Sportsman....???....... to help stretch the program.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:20 pm

That is a great idea, Zappy... tons of those guys... and they are sort of 'semi pro'... put on a great show. bp
Bill Pratt

Return to “What's Up”