what to do when you don't have a car...

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
greenracing
what to do when you don't have a car...

Postby greenracing » Wed May 21, 2014 8:54 am

Since I don't have a Prefect replacement yet I'm going to be helping out on Steve Duber's new (to him) 41 Willys.
smaller.jpg
smaller.jpg (310.11KiB)Viewed 2495 times
It's a McAmis chassis with a 496 Brad-headed hemi. The current goal is to run the NDRL 7.0 index class and some local quick 8's. The car's capable of way more than that, but we figure turned down it should be a nice reliable ride.

We fired it for the first time last weekend. I've got a couple bars to add to the cage to help with seatbelt location and have to make a tow hook of some sort, then we're ready to go.

We hope to be at Quaker this Sunday (5/25) for their nostalgia event / Great Lakes Funny Car Nationals to make a few shakedown passes. We'll be sure to pack a few extra sets of depends for the driver :shock:

We'll see some of you at Quaker.

Perry

Wheelzman

Re: what to do when you don't have a car...

Postby Wheelzman » Wed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm

See you there Perry. :D

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Thu May 22, 2014 7:44 am

We decided not to run the car - too much going on at that event to be running shakedown passes. But I'll be there, probably with the youngest crew chief. We'll look for you Wheelz - I'm assuming you'll be around that gold Mustang somewhere. :)

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 22, 2014 9:55 am

Yep, I think Rock has adopted Sharon as his female crew member???? I hope Bandit can make it too. See you Perry. Where's the oldest crew chief? In school? :D

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Oh I forgot Heidi is the official female crew member but Sharon is just an honorary member. :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu May 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing you guys up there. Does anybody have the times, etc. Any host hotels, etc.? bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu May 22, 2014 8:59 pm

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Fri May 23, 2014 10:58 am

Wow and BP's coming over too! You guys may have to introduce me to him again, it's been a while :lol:

Wheelz - Oldest crew chief may be around, but he's talking about going back to PA to hang out with some of his college gang for the weekend. Second oldest crew chief has to work on Sunday. That leaves me with the youngest, whom you will probably mistake for one of the older ones when you see him.

And I'm going to stay clear of the argument over who's the female crew member... :roll:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri May 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Thanks guys. I will be driving up on Sunday morning with Jack Redd in tow! Called Denny last night and got the word on it being a Sunday race. ( I was ready to drive up in the morning -- would have been quite a surprise!) I will have to leave early morn on Monday as I have folks coming over at 2 pm. Will be a whirlwind! But will be great to see you all. I will get a room at the alliance comfort inn or super 8. Whatever us available. See you there! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat May 24, 2014 6:48 am

I have all my duties done except mowing the yard today and we are ready to head out. Looks to be a beautiful day
with old friends coming together. Doesn't get any better than that. I'm going to be looking for a tall skinny guy that
looks like half of BP... er excuse me bp. :D

Return to “What's Up”