GLNFC Funny Car Nationals

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Zappy
Re: GLNFC Funny Car Nationals

Postby Zappy » Tue May 19, 2015 11:04 pm

I knew I was forgetting someone, (duh) shows I can't multi-task. Of course Heidi & Daryl will be there. PJ too. And I'm brining a friend. Likes drag racing, doesn't go much, but not quite a newbie either.

23t

Postby 23t » Wed May 20, 2015 5:21 am

Hey bp are we going to eat steak at midnight again? Maybe Heidi will let Daryl stop in too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mummmmm Road House!!!!

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed May 20, 2015 8:17 am

You hoongry young'un? That's a no brainer as you are always hungry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Thu May 21, 2015 12:21 am

Sounds good. Bret and I always get together for dinner when we get a chance so make room for another seat at the table. Also, there is a chance I'll have some family members there, too, but not sure yet. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu May 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Here's a sample of the action this SUNDAY: (talk about L o n g smokey burnouts...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QgXp9BEKRE

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Fri May 22, 2015 7:42 am

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) and 8) .

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon May 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Well another year in the books of the Funny Car Nats and what a show it was. I heard 30 Funnies, some stout gassers, beautiful weather, friends to see again and overall just a wonderful time. But wait.....NO Bandit! I heard he had a knee replaced so now he is, as myself, a scared man of the knees. Rocky won the longest burnout contest and almost drove it over to Rt. 62 before he got stopped. Zappy and crew had to leave early to get home so Daryl, Heidi, Sharon and I left too. Sharon and I had been gone since Friday morning on a weekend trip to Pittsburgh and didn't get to sleep till almost 2:00 in the morning Saturday night so we were on nuclear meltdown by the end of the day on Sunday. Would have liked to do the midnight steak run but maybe next year. What a wonderful time at the races!!!!!!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon May 25, 2015 8:01 pm

I'll second what Gorrili said. A perfect day weather wise, great track conditions, super friends. Was like a DLN Buckeye style, there was Gorilli & Sharon, Heidi & Daryl, BP, Jack Redd, Ohio Dave, Brett Kepner, Rocky, PJ, Makayla, and me. Oh and did I mention FC's EVERYWHERE !!!! Denny said this was the biggest yet. A lot of the regulars, but several new ones. Even a rear engine FC.

I had a friend with me that likes drag racing but doesn't get to the track much. He asked me to pick a good show, I said what do you want to see, dragsters jets, PS, Funny's,?? he said Funny cars, I said have I got a show for you.!!! So I was busy taking him to the burn box, the starting line, the 1/8th mi. and the finish line. + walk the pits. So I didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked, but it was great to see everyone.

What a great show Denny's cars put on, (as always). Out of that many HI POWERED cars, it was a VERY clean race. No one crossed the center line, no one took out ANY cones, No one oiled the track, One FC grazed the wall, but it was so slight, he was able to return next rd. One gasser broke a rear end. Out of 29 FC's + a couple dozen inj. and blown dragsters, & inj. & blown Gassers, that was AMAZING. You cannot find a bigger or better nostalgia FC, show this side of the MARCH MEET in CA. I dare ya.!!

23t

Postby 23t » Tue May 26, 2015 5:25 am

And a great time was had by all !!!!!!! :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue May 26, 2015 10:30 pm

It was amazing. And I have to say a special thanks to Sharon and Jack, who brought me a CD of Emily performing at her cello recital. Wow. That was a great video! Sharon, you might have another career in store! Thank you so much. Denise and I really enjoyed watching that. I go and pick up Em from the airport late tonight. She will see it this week as well. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “What's Up”