It is going To be A Bad Race Day When-----------------------

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
animal jim
It is going To be A Bad Race Day When-----------------------

Postby animal jim » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:01 pm

1. When you go out to your rig parked and waiting on your curb and discover the road had been oiled and chipped in the wee morning-and the side of your new white trailer with white wagon wheels is sprayed with gooey road oil. :x

2. When you go out the rig to leave -in the middle of the night and the battery is dead! :x

3.When you go to leave and when you turn on the lights you checked out the day before-and the trailer lights are out. :x

4. When have 2 flats in 100 miles. :x

5. When you stop for fuel-go to the can-bend over to spit out the stale gum into the toilet bowel you chawed to stay awake the last 300 miles and it makes a big splash and a big drop of toilet water splashes up on your lips. :x

These are actual experiances-I have many more- But lets hear some of yours LOL :D
It has been quite a ride!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:39 pm

:lol: OK see if this qualifies for the topic. My cousin's wife fixed me up with a very cute little gal that she worked with in real estate from a very well known and well off family. We all agreed to meet up at my favorite bar where i knew the band and could get up and sing some country songs and score some 8) points with this girl.All went well and we made a date for Sunday. I was taking her to St.louis international as i knew that Billy Graham was to bee there with the Million Dollar Baby mustang that was my late uncle Curt's monza F/C.. so i had a 8) connection with the car to show off...We pull in early in my fine 73 impala custom :D (mind you she drove a brand new transam $$$$$ ). We walk over to Billy G's pit to show her the car and i sneek a chance to talk to Bill, introduce myself(still trying to score points with the chick)... It begins to rain :( so we go sit in the chevy to wait out the thunderstorm and chit chat.It finally clears up so she pulls down the sunvisor to check her make-up in the vanity mirror and gets drenched as the cloth covered visor was full of rain water !!! :D needless to say i was quite embarrased :oops: i only had the car a week or so and didn't know the windshield leaked. :o we wound up having a good time, got to go to the starting line with the Million Dollar Baby,show off for the chick and dated for a few months. Should have married that one

RobbieG.

Postby RobbieG. » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:40 pm

You load your dirt bike in the van the night before to save time in the morning and when you go to leave the bike is NOT in the van.
Robbieracer
ThunderHorse Racing

animal jim

Postby animal jim » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:05 pm

:shock: I hate it when that happens! :o :x

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:23 pm

Drove 4 hours to a strip in the B.C. interier arrive about 9am.It's so cold there is frost in the track.We are wearing firesuits to keep warm.About noon get first pass.The flexplate breaks,chops the top of the powerglide off,and we are on our way home by 2 :x

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:42 pm

Go to the track(Humbolt Co. Dragway, Humbolt, IA) for the first time with the newly built truck. SBC with a rock crusher 4 spd. V-gate shifter,and a stock "Diaphram style" pressure plate. Yup, you guessed it, If I shift @anything over 7g the centrifical force made the clutch hang up. :oops: :oops: . Easy fix for next week, just swap out the pressure plate for the H..D. unit. The part that fried me was going back to the stands to watch the rest of the show, when this dude sits down beside me and proceeds to explain the art of shifting. :shock: :shock: DUH!!!

Honest truth, next week I come back with the right stuff. Pull on the V-gate... tap the clutch and was changin' gears smooth as silk. Same guy says............... been doin' some practicin' "EYE SEA" :oops: :oops:

I woulda' punched 'em but he was bigger than me. :shock:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:47 pm

:wink: prolly the only thing that dude has shifted was one butt cheek to the other sitting in the bleachers :roll:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:53 pm

I bet AJ has experienced every one of those things he mentioned, too!!! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

animal jim

Hunbolt Ia. I crashed Zeke there in 1980!

Postby animal jim » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:57 pm

It was June 1980-Match Race at Humbuld, Ia. That day stared out bad. Get to track -take hood and scoop off and no scoop tray! :oops: Lucky it was only 1/8 mile. But it turned out moot anyway. :?

First run. I'm VS Haas. I shook so hard my rear swar bar bent and I flipped Zeke! See: pics on www.animaljimracing Career Gallery. Zeke was black then. :shock:

I had gone from being # 1 AHRA Pro Stock at Gateway-Won against Haas in PS final at Cordova then to ZERO in 15 days. :oops: :(

(Yo Pro 70 Z28-The critisizing of shifting!) We should do a list of Jerk Offs like that.
:roll:
Last edited by animal jim on Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

animal jim

Experiance!

Postby animal jim » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:04 pm

You are right BP. I did experiance what I listed and simular to others experiances. The toilet water splashing in my mouth was really gross!!LOL

It was one big flying drop. PLOOP!! :lol:

Return to “What's Up”