Prayers

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Mtn.man
Prayers

Postby Mtn.man » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:33 pm

don't know if this is appropriate,,

but I already told you that my friend and client had cancer and was terminal... well I went to see him today as they let him come home,, he wanted to pass on, in his bed looking out the window at the mtns... he may be with us thru Mon. but he cancelled all treatments as he said he had no life in the Morbid Hospital....
if any of you went to Topeka, Brainerd, LV, or a few others he was know as the Big Kahuna,, he had the 55' on our site that he ran in S/G,, and he had his S/C dragster.
He never won an event,, the best he ever did was a simi in S/C,, he never got angry and always said WOW I went x amount of rounds, or I went this fast....

I took a couple of his rides to finals in the local fast 16 over the years and he was always standing next too me screaming "this is my car and this is my driver, we are kicking ass"...

he always had fun no matter what,, which I guess is what it is all about cause for me if I ain't winning I ain't having fun, he always paid everebody he invited's way, food and after race entertainment, and pretty much anythig in between....

anyway thanks for listening to a goofy ramblings of a guy who thinks life ain't fair..
and maybe remember a fellow racer who wasn't in it for the $$ or the fame just wanted to have fun...

Rick
Walk softly, carry a Big Gun
and Thank You Troops!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:48 pm

:( jeeez Rick.. i'm listening and thinking of your friend tonight.....

Bob Kraemer

Postby Bob Kraemer » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your buddy MM, no life isn't fair sometimes.
Don't know how old your buddy is but it sure sounds like he had a lot of fun in his life. And where he is going fun is mandatory and there is no pain.

Take Care & God Bless
Last edited by Bob Kraemer on Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

Mtn.man

Postby Mtn.man » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:07 pm

he's only 54,,, not old enough to be leaving us....
and Thank You Troops!

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Sorry to hear this, as we all want to see things go well. Your friend has made a choice and it is great that it is being respected. Being there for him, is all you can do now and of course, you are doing that now.

May he pass without pain and know what a friend he has in you. Godspeed.

troublemaker

Postby troublemaker » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:47 pm

He sounds like a good friend,and they are hard to come by these days.
You should be thankfull for the time you spent with him.
our prayers go out to him and his friends ,..kevin

Mtn.man

Postby Mtn.man » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:53 pm

well troublemaker,,, we are both from FL originally,,, Tampa area,,,
yup Dennis has made a great choice,,, I just believe it is harder on us staying in this life than for him moving on...............

thanks guys...
and Thank You Troops!

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:14 pm

Rick,

I just got on here to see this thread. I am sorry about your friend and pray he will make it thru this terrible time effortlessly on his part. There are no words to help you my friend, I just want you to know Laura and I are thinking of you, your buddy, along with his family.

There is always a starting date, and an ending date. It is what you do in between and the people who's lives you effect that make the journey worthwhile. He will be remembered as a GREAT friend by you. That is what it is all about.

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Mtn.man

Postby Mtn.man » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:46 pm

THANKS ALOT GUYS,,,, I seem to be having a little bit of trouble but Dennis does'nt.....
hope he saves me a place in the hear after,,, and he will be deeply missed,,, guess i need to be meaner,, cause the good die young...
and Thank You Troops!

Return to “What's Up”