NHRA

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Bob Kraemer

Postby Bob Kraemer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:43 pm

Great post's everyone about UDRA & congrats BP on your first article you wrote!!!
UDRA is where I got my start working on blown alky cars back in the early 80's & have been in love with the class ever since. I had seen them at the races read about them from the days of Pro Comp but never got to work on them.
There is no sweeter sound than a blown alky car, in fact I prefer them over blown nitro & injected nitro.
Sure wish UDRA had races for TAD cars so my friend & me had a place to race his car after we get it fixed from an OOOPS......
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

Mtn.man

Postby Mtn.man » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:18 pm

in it's day UDRA RULED,,,, used to be tracks could have 2 sanctioning bodies (Lakeland International) to name 1... but I think that went by the wayside.....
Last edited by Mtn.man on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walk softly, carry a Big Gun
and Thank You Troops!

racersforcoffee

Postby racersforcoffee » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:40 am

Great to see this thread-and my hero, Animal, posting on it. I feel the evolution of PM from what you guys started evolving out of the UDRA and AHRA shows were the last great organic movement in the sport;ie, not directly linked to a marketing plan, but something that was cool, sustainable and you surfed because it felt good and the people responded! Hoping such can happen again in doorslammer racing, but I'm seeing 'classes' and events that become cost prohibitive almost as fast as they hit the ground. Such a bunch of great minds (and people :) here to analyze and appreciate this. I'm honored.
The Free Market Of Ideas Works Both Ways

www.racersforcoffee.wordpress.com

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:51 pm

Great to see this thread-and my hero, Animal, posting on it. I feel the evolution of PM from what you guys started evolving out of the UDRA and AHRA shows were the last great organic movement in the sport;ie, not directly linked to a marketing plan, but something that was cool, sustainable and you surfed because it felt good and the people responded! Hoping such can happen again in doorslammer racing, but I'm seeing 'classes' and events that become cost prohibitive almost as fast as they hit the ground. Such a bunch of great minds (and people :) here to analyze and appreciate this. I'm honored.
8)
www.wallybell.com

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:58 am

Great replies, you guys. I suppose NHRA doesn't move in without at least a little skepticism...My take is that it's good...I hope...I was at Eddyville last summer and I met the friendly folks there and toured the track and it is a fine facility. Down-home atmosphere and very nice accommodations. I can't see that the place would lose its charm, which is genuine, by signing up. Having that red, white and blue oval logo makes a difference, if it works out good, I suppose we'll see. I wish I would have still been connected closely to Drag Racing when the UDRA did it's thing, it sounds like a great league. One of my few regrets is having lost touch with Drag racing for 15 years ('71-'86) except for a few trips to the drag strip...I've been doing a lot of catching up and learning, and the UDRA stands out as one of the finest examples of independent drag racing in an organized format. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Bob Kraemer

Postby Bob Kraemer » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:26 am

For a look back into UDRA's history check this link out.
http://www.dragracingonline.com/special ... ory_1.html
I learned a few things I didn't know about UDRA.
Bob Kraemer

Certifiable Insanity

"Friends are quiet angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.''

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:35 am

Thanks Bob, good read. :) 8)

Return to “What's Up”