Curt Wasson / 30 years ago 5/22/76

We celebrate those friends who enriched our lives before passing on.
jim sanders
Curt Wasson / 30 years ago 5/22/76

Postby jim sanders » Sun May 21, 2006 1:21 pm

:(

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun May 21, 2006 2:45 pm

Doc, from having gotten to know you over the last couple of years through the message board, I know that your uncle, Curt Wasson was your hero and the biggest influence on your life by far over anyone else you've ever known. I came to this section with the idea of posting a thread about an English pop star from the 60s who died a day or so ago, but what I have now decided to do is to give you and your Uncle the respect and space that this section is intended for. Life goes on, but there are people we've known who stay with us forever, every day, until we meet them again in the next world. I wish that Curt was still here...as I am sure you and all who knew him do. For whatever reason there was for him to leave this world as early as he did, he left you with a window of him and you look into it every day. I have the greatest admiration for you because of that. I hope you can go through this day with the best of memories and gain inspiration from them. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun May 21, 2006 2:45 pm

This reply was duplicated. I deleted the text and put this sentence in. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun May 21, 2006 2:53 pm

8) thanks John, it's all good to go... man if it wasn't for Drag list i would have never saw anything but the 3 photos i have on a wall and an old newspaper clipping i saved from when i worked on a paper route.... I have accumulated a bunch of pics and even some great stories from some some some big names on the various boards, groups and web sites too many to mention here... thanks everyone for letting me hang around !! OK WC.. start a thread on the music friend lost.. 8)

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun May 21, 2006 4:44 pm

It's been great knowing you, Jim. As for Curt, he was always part of my vocabulary from day one... I loved the Chevy fuel cars and he was regarded as one of the toughest of that breed. He was one of the guys I originally wrote onto a sheet of notebook paper in pencil when I should have been studying other things! RIP to Curt. Thanks to him for the memories of my childhood and for influencing you, a guy who helps me build good memories of today. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun May 21, 2006 4:47 pm

8) Wow.... thanks Bill....

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Sun May 21, 2006 6:54 pm

:?: Jim I have read all of the things you have written about him but I would like to read some in depth stuff about how you feel about him and any incidents that you could remember. I'm sure I could rally a second on that motion.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 pm

8) thanks Wheelz... yea i wish i knew how to put words together like some of you guys..my old brain is jammed packed full of little bits and pieces.. all mixed in with my own life over the last 30 years... :?

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun May 21, 2006 7:29 pm

Sounds like a great idea Wheelz. Jim, I think your better at this writting thing than you give yourself credit for. I would read everything you write with great interest ..... I never knew Curt, other than what I've learned from you and other info. posted here, but I can't help but think he'd be very proud of whatever you wrote.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sun May 21, 2006 7:37 pm

8) thanks Gary !! now tell us about that weddin' !!!!

Return to “Lost Friends”