Music Industry Obits From 2011

We celebrate those friends who enriched our lives before passing on.
WildcatOne
Music Industry Obits From 2011

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:15 pm

A long, incredible year in which we lost newcomers, old-timers, some expected, some shockers, some who survived to my surprise and some that I thought were still with us until I read the article. May they all find peace in Heaven. WC1
PS: Thanks to Pete Gemar for the link.
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/list-of-th ... 42442.html
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Diana The Doc

Re: Music Industry Obits From 2011

Postby Diana The Doc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks for the link, John... I was not aware that Zoogz Rift passed away-- I believe he used to play with Frank Zappa before going out on his own, we (Big Stick) did a gig with his band at the historic Paradiso music hall in Amsterdam-- He was a nice guy... Nick Ashford from Ashford and Simpson was a very talented musician-- I once met him and his wife at a NYC recording studio-- I was amazed by the way he was practically a giant and she was so short-- "Solid As A Rock" remains a truly classic pop love song... I adore Phoebe Snow's "Poetry Man" track, what a unique sounding record that is, now she's gone... Don Kirshner's deadpan delivery narratives during his "Rock Concert" TV show were kind of neat-- He's gone... Barbara Orbison dying on the anniversary of her husband Roy's death is something to think about-- I've always loved Roy Orbison-- Hopefully the couple are reunited for eternity (they deserve that much)... And of course horn man Clarence Clemons' passing away is a shame, his work with Springsteen was among the best "pop music" work of any horn player-- A fellow who plays sax on the Big Stick stuff we're currently recording, Tom Timko, did a gig playing for Springsteen at Madison Square Garden, he says the Springsteen really is one heck of a "Boss" to work for-- He pays better than anybody else, and he truly respects his backing musicians-- So you know that Clarence was in good company during his many years of playing in Springsteen's band... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Return to “Lost Friends”