PCTalent Images

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
morebetter99
Re: PCTalent Images

Postby morebetter99 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:27 am

Congrats! Very cool deal! :D
Pete

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri May 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Not that it really matters (but it matters big-time over here), I figured out what that little sticker is on the Frantic 4's airfoil. It's an Autolite sticker. I will fix that.
I found this out by browsing the metalshapers.com site and I came across a history of the Crossley-Williams Swan dragster, a saga which began with the Ernie Hashim/Bill Repogle car and went on through the Crossley-Williams-Swan, Crossley-Lee-Stewart, then Beebe, and finally King dragsters. The CWS car looks nearly identical to the Frantic 4 car except for the back half in most pictures. The pictures of it at the launch almost look exactly like the Frantic 4 pictures. The body panels and roll cages are obscured by the tire smoke and by comparison they could have used the same pictures to describe both cars and gotten away with it (for the most part). The CWS car was an AA/FD and the Frantic 4 was an A/FD, having to do with the engines' cubic-inch displacements. CWS ran a 392, and Frantic 4 ran a 331. I knew the CWS car was different because the airfoil is underneath the front axle, and that's where I saw a very clearly focused shot of that round decal with the plus sign in the center and I recognized it as the same one that was on the Frantic 4. I'm glad I found that out. It would have bothered me for the rest of my life. Cheers, WC1
Attachments
CarCraft.jpg
CarCraft.jpg (147.78KiB)Viewed 1126 times
CWS.jpg
CWS.jpg (99.44KiB)Viewed 1126 times
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri May 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Another "slight" difference in the two that "I" see, is the scoop is a wee bit higher in the first pic....with some kind of something (?????) between the blower and the scoop...Taller injector plate perhaps??
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”