the flyin hillbilly raysun teem, and the old junk chevelle

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:06 am

so the next round i drew the procharged fox body mustang of don erwin, who is an outstanding heads up racer, and currently holds both ends of the 10.5 limited track record. 4.97 @ 153 . we roll off the hill, i did my same little hop of a burnout, and wait. don lights the first bulb, i'm rolling into the first bulb when i notice that he's still moving so i hit the two step, slam the gas to the floor and light both stage bulbs, about the time that don lights his stage bulb. i notice movement in the other lane and look at the bottom of the tree and see an angry red bulb staring at don. yellow flashes and it's go time! the car does it's usual spin about 40 feet out, i was ready for it and pedaled really quick. god that rearend is sounding bad! put it in second, and run it on through. 7.29@102.

i'm going to post this one round at a time since i was all finished typing last night and my computer tuned off loosing it all. :evil:
the police never think it's as funny as i do

flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:17 am

i pulled back around and decided to look under the car and make sure that the rearend wasn't leaking, it wasn't so i figured i'd keep pressing my luck. ron the tech guy came over and told us that one of us was getting a bye run this time due to a car breaking. i had to go to the bathroom so i jogged over to the porta pottie and steped in. as i was standing there i said aloud " god, i ain't never had a bye roud yet and don't expect one now, but i could sure use it if you could spare it." then i finished up and jogged back over to the lanes. ron had the cards out and told us that red gets the bye, i drew one. red two, yee freakin haw, god does love me!!! :D the two malibus that i had raced earlier had gotten each other and i was to race one of them in the final. they headed off the hill, and needless to say i was paying close attention to this race. the 72 sachet'd a little, and i knew it was over for him. i rolled off the hill and just barley did any burnout at all and staged. the tree came down and i just eased off the line and cruised untill i got to about the 300 ft mark when i could no longer stand it and jumped on the gas. the car lifted up and started hauling booty, i heard the rearend start howling, i put it in second..... rev limiter, pedal, rev limiter again. i start slowing down and decide to put it back in first and it was there. holy crap, the tranny just let go going into the final :shock: i came through the gate by the return road and told all the guys there " i need tranny fluid like a dead man needs a coffin" and came back to lane 7.

flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:26 am

lucily a friend of mine pitted right next to us had a quart, and i just dumped it in in desperation. ron shows back up and asks if we're ready to go again and i told him what my tranny had done and asked for a few minutes. he said "no problem" and sent the street cars off the hill. when they had finished running he came back and asked if we were ready and i said i was was ready as i was going to get . there were 4 cars on slicks in the right lane in front of me, and i had noticed dew starting to settle on the cars. the first car was a pro street sunbird with a 632 inch bbc who was experementing with a huge shot of nitrous, and blew his hood scoop all over my lane. they got that cleaned up, a rail, and two no-e cars went down infront of me while the left lane just sat there empty. we rolled off the hill, i fired up did a small burnout, and we headed for the tree. the kid in the malibu i have to say is a very courteos racer, he waited to see me start rolling for the pre stage bulb, and then lit his, he then lit his stage bulb, and i two stepped mine and lit my side.the lighs flashed and off we went. my car spun (as usual) i pedaled it real quick, i ran it to the rev limiter in first, put it in second and started pedaling it just in case there was any pull left at all. i kept waiting for the bu to go by, but he never did. it ran 7.84 with only one gear. :lol: and i won.

flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:28 am

http://ozarkdragstrip.com/
pic of the sunbird 'splosion

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:12 am

Conggrats on keepin' it together til the very end there FH. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:21 am

Congrats on the win. 8) Great read. Thanks, now check that rearend. :wink:
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:57 am

Cool read FH!! congrats!! Man, sounds like an exciting time at the digs!!! 8) 8)
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:05 pm

8) great reporting.. cool photo too !
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:23 pm

That was a great report. Thanks for all the info. 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”