Bru Racing

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Two chutes, heck boy you planning on something over 200

get r fixed and haul ass,..cool pics..

8) 8) 8)
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

Iowa Al

Update

Postby Iowa Al » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Eric,
Thanks for the update and photos, hope you get it to the track soon.
IA Al

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Thanks Al, will I see you at the WFAN?

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

Eric David Bru

Outlaw Eric's 2009 Drag List Nationals Report

Postby Eric David Bru » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Well, since it has been a week since the big event I figured I had better get a report out on the ‘net…

Friday afternoon Tiffany, Brittany and I went to Montezuma to pickup the engine hoist, special leveling bracket to remove the engine, and small engine stand. My youngest brother had loaned some of these parts out to his friends so Dad and I had to go and repo them. While out and about we had to make a couple sales calls for B & B Tree Service…

By the time we got all of the shop tools loaded and back on the road it was nearly dark. My daughters and I unloaded all of the tools in the Skunk Works and headed inside. I was not feeling the greatest as I could feel an impending migraine headache. Saturday AM (early) Traci & Brittany had to go to statewide softball tournaments while Tiffany & I slept in. By mid morning we were both ready to head to Montezuma to catch up with my parents. We were all going to head down to the Drag List Nationals. Needless to say after the problems I had last weekend, we weren’t too enthused about going to the track. We got to Monte a little after 12 noon and I decided to take some migraine medicine, ice-pack my neck and take a power-nap.

Two hours later I was awake and things were a lot better. We proceeded to get ready and headed for the track. Once there I met up with Bill Pratt and the Drag List gang near the Nitro Funny Car pits.

Read More

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Cool... great to see you and Tiffany, Eric. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Great read, Eric! Thanks! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:52 am

Good stuff. Thanks again. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Since the 1956 Modified/Outlaw is in the shop for some repairs, and since the Nitemare AA/FD was at home in the trailer (Cedar Falls Raceway has cut back the number of AA/FD to 2!!??) I was in “no big hurry” to get to the track. Traci and I headed north to Waterloo to do some shopping (I am looking for a Blackberry Storm).

We finally arrived at the track around noon, signed the waivers and parked the truck over in the nitro pits. My plan for the day was just to hang out and take it easy. Right away I noticed that the Orange Crate was not in the pit so it must have just made a pass. I soon found out that Dale & Radar wanted to make a 100’ test pass to see how things were going to work out.

I hung out and pretty soon everyone showed up and started servicing the car. While everything was being checked out and reassembled (no significant issues) I hung out in the basement of the trailer with Radar discussing some upcoming plans for the 1956 Modified/Outlaw…

Before long Dale’s crew had the Crate ready to fire as I merely hung out giving a hand here and there as needed. We lit the car off on methanol, built some temperature, checked for leaks and then shut it down. Dale had a pretty good tuneup in it and I was skeptical about the track’s ability to take it. (I kept this to myself though… He was right of course… the track did hold it…)

Read More

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”