Bru Racing

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Eric David Bru
Bru Racing

Postby Eric David Bru » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm

Here is a link to my exploits.... :)

http://www.koehlerinjection.com/phpBB2/ ... highlight=

EDB
Outlaw Eric :cool:

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi Eric. The 56 looks great!! Coming along nicely. I read, and read, and read!!! Cool!! Looks like you had fun!! Can't wait to hear how the 56 does!! Good luck and keep us posted. Lippy :D
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 am

Very Cool Eric!! I hope to see you and the beast at Draglist! 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:21 am

me 2. DNLII = 16 days & counting....... :D
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:18 am

The '56 is Cool!
very nice
www.wallybell.com

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:16 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. It means alot to me coming from you guys.

I am still trying to find out if I we are taking the Top Fuel car to Joliet the weekend of the Draglist Nationals. If we don't I plan to bring the 56 down.

Keep your fingers crossed. :P

EDB

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:20 am

I figured I had better write up an update...

Yesterday (07/03) I took the day off work and headed down to the shop to load the Hot Rod up and take it over to my uncle's welding shop so he could weld up my passenger seat and nitrous bottle brackets.

I got down to Mom & Dad's at around 9:00 and found that the battery on the trailer was dead so we had to charge it up so we could get the powered jack down to hook up the truck. While it was charging Josh and I got the car down off the jackstands onto the ground. Man, it has been up in the air so long I forgot how low slung this Hot Rod is!! My boot barely fits between the zoomies/rocker panel and the ground! Same with the wheelie bars.

After we got the car on the ground we had to jee-haw it around on creepers to get it out of my folks' basement. Think "ship-in-a-bottle". As Josh and I rolled it out of the garage into the mid-morning sunlight we realized what a dirty pig the Hot Rod was... :oops: Our modesty would not permit us to take it off the premises like this so we decided to wash and dry the car prior to loading it up. After cleaning/removing the protective layer of dust we were ready for the trailer.

Since we had gotten enough of a charge on the trailer battery to lower it onto the hitch of Mom's truck I went ahead and unloaded her 1977 Corvette. Then I pulled the truck and trailer down onto the road in front of the house. Josh and I rolled the car down the driveway and I turned it so that it would be ready to winch onto the trailer.

After taking a few shots of the truck/trailer/Hot Rod for my youngest brother who is in Basic Training we went ahead and loaded the car. Don't forget about the dead battery.... :x We had to hook Josh's truck up to the battery so we could winch the car up into the trailer.

After winching the car into the trailer and tieing it down at all 4 corners we were FINALLY ready to head to the welding shop.

:D

Josh and I headed over to my uncle Bob's shop and backed in to the northern bay. We headed inside to make sure he was ready. He was working on the floor pan of a 1968 Camaro when we got there. He jotted down the time and told us where he wanted our Hot Rod. Josh and I unloaded the car and rolled it into the shop. As we were getting the old heap up onto jackstands Bob was getting his welder moved to the area of the shop we were located in. Josh and I unhooked the tach, MSD and removed the NOS bottles.

After getting the car into the air Bob and I crawled under so I could show him what all I wanted welded. During this time I realized I had forgotten the clutch pedal and brackets I wanted welded up (future plans) so I had Josh and Jerry head back to the shop to pick these parts up.

While they were gone Bob and I tacked up the seat and nitrous bottle brackets and then he went ahead and welded them up. By the time he was done Josh and Jerry were back so we started working on the clutch pedal and brackets. Finally we had it the way we wanted it and went ahead and welded it in place.

Since we were now done we went ahead and hooked up the tach, MSD and remounted the NOS bottles. After hanging out and visiting with Bob & Dawn for a bit we loaded the Hot Rod up and headed home.

Once we got back to the house we unloaded the car and we started getting ready to fire it off. The plan was to fire it off and build some heat in the engine so I could lash the valves hot. Then on the 4th fire the car off for friends/family/etc and take the car to Eddyville in preparation for the Draglist Nationals.

Josh and I set about putting a nice conservative tuneup in the fuel injection system, double checking the spark plug gap and indexing, lashing the valves, making sure the water and fuel didn't leak, etc.

Things were looking GREAT!!! :D

Finally aboot 9:30 we were ready to fire. I had Josh get in the car and spin it over to build oil pressure. Spin, spin, spin... No pressure... :?: What the heck??

We tried again and still no pressure. I figured that the distributor must not be engaging the oil pump drive so we pulled it apart. I changed the slip collar on the distributor, set the timing, phased the rotor and we tried again. Still nothing... How did I screw this up?? :oops:

Try it again, pull apart, set everything and try again... same result.

Third time is the charm... NOT!! :x

Dad, Josh and I decided to call it a nite and try again the next day.

To cut an already to long story short, MSD told me to get a regular Tall distributor and since we have a truck block I need a Super Tall distributor.

So much for getting the car to the track Saturday... :cry:

Oh well, no harm was done and my daughter Brittany "Slick" got some decent photos of the Hot Rod.

I will call MSD and find out what we do from here...

Although there is no happy ending, I hope you enjoyed this update... :?

EDB

PS: If you need some first class/high-quality welding done on your bodywork give my uncle a call:

Bob & Dawn Bru
Bob & Dawn's Welding & Sheetmetal
"Specialize in Classic Cars"
641-295-3096

8)
Last edited by Eric David Bru on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:43 am

Great Update. Now get the baby ready for Draglist!! 8)

Rapid
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:08 pm

Cool deal. Hope to see you @ the DLN's Eric. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”