WildcatOne's 1970 VW Beetle

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
WildcatOne
WildcatOne's 1970 VW Beetle

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:38 pm

I hope to have pictures available as soon as the camera starts cooperating...it's blue, I've already worked on it, so I figure it's now a Super Crew Project and a Team Report will be included as it goes along. Today I got the hood open...it's an ordeal...the cable lock is not attached to anything so you have to pull on the cable in the ruins of what was once the glove box while somebody else pushes the hood button and pulls up on the handle from in front of the car. I'd like to disconnect that cable and just have the hood open with the latch in front. I haven't decided yet if that's the way I'll go yet. The engine (rebuilt 1600cc replacing the old 1300) is rock-solid and it runs great. All new running gear, everything. It's 100% street-legal, insured and ready to rock 'n roll. I was supposed to take it to a detail shop tomorrow, but I changed my mind. I can detail it myself, Saturday. I also found out about a couple of VW places in town. Bap-Geon has 3 stores here; also a guy called VW Wizard on the North Side. J.C. Whitney's site has stuff but the site is so convoluted it's almost impossible to find anything, maybe I'm just old school. Anyway, I'm searching for a name for this car. I'm WildcatOne, that's my Blue VW Beetle. I almost named it Wally because Wally Parks passed away the day I got it. Then I thought about calling it George. Still haven't decided yet. I also might paint it black. Pee Wee asked me if it's black, and I thought later, it'd be a cool Pee Wee Bowen Band cruiser. Man...if the Phantoms invited me to join...WOW...I'd be in Heaven...Anyway, life is good. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:41 am

Hey 'Cat - Welcome to the wonderful world of VW. First thing you need is a good database/forum and one of the best for Beetles is right here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=9 Don't forget to bookmark the site as it's a little hard to navigate. I belong to the Golf II / Jetta II section of the forum and can't even begin to tell you how many times it's helped me with my old beater.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:49 am

My dad had a beetle back in the day. He painted it that bright dodge green that was on the cuda's. (I think the official color name is 'big bad green') Of course he painted his Anglia that too, then one of our pulling trucks...

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:03 am

Cool deal WC. My brother has a dune buggy on a VW chassis. That thing is as old as dirt and it's still goin. He's driven it to work for years, they've driven it all over the country on vacations, etc. He likes the ease of workin' on the air cooled engine. When they moved to Georgia, it went with them & is now tearin' up the hills down there. :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:24 am

Cool deal Cat. 8) Saw this one and thought of you. 8)
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/976242/1 ... 8-BUG.html
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:56 am

hmmmm.....a name for the new Cat Mobile......gotta do a bit-a-thinkin' on this one :wink:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:19 pm

Elvira
www.wallybell.com

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:37 pm

I like that one Gator :)

Maritime Drag Racing

Postby Maritime Drag Racing » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:10 pm

How about Sylvester?

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Farfagnugen. What do you call a constipated German? Far from poopin.
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”