WildcatOne's 1970 VW Beetle

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
WildcatOne
Re: WildcatOne's 1970 VW Beetle

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Well, then I'll do it. Gotta have the money extra, though...yes, BP, it's reflective prism tape like the 18-wheelers use. Bert got a roll of it, I think he said it's $132 for a roll of that stuff that's about as big as a roll of duct tape...WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:11 pm

WC as long as there are cell phones involved I don't think ANY color will make much difference. If they can't see my truck broadside with reflective graphics from one end to the other, I don't think there's much hope. I was leaving the gas station, driving maybe 2-3 MPH. A girl on a cell phone decided to back her SUV out of a parking spot as I was leaving. Her rear window was smack dab in the middle of my passenger side window, I was sure she was going to keep on going. I figured a simple dent would be better than a gouge down the side of the box, so I slammed on the brakes & waited for impact. :oops: She finally looked in the mirror & hit the brakes Justin Time. I waited for her to pull ahead before I took off, she was THAT close. She just kept talking on the phone, Probably complaining about me getting in HER way. Whatdayado? :shock:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:10 pm

There oughter be a lawr...Don't they GET IT??? Cell phones incapacitate the people who are using them and driving at the same time??? When will they ever learn???

Your'e right, ProZ. George could be covered with blinking multicolored Christmas lights, painted emergency colors, and he'd still get hit. There is certainly no shortage of idiots out there...me included...I should have let the cops show up last month when that jerk rear-ended me. They would have given the guy a ticket right there and he wouldn't have been able to have weaseled out of it like he did.

It's one thing to get rear-ended by a stupid driver in broad daylight, but then to have him lie about it after I did him the favor of not having the cops show up and give him a ticket for what he did because his agent gave me a claim number...no good deed goes unpunished. He lost a front turn signal, but he didn't file a claim on me...From now on (I HOPE NOT) I'm calling the cops and waiting for them no matter what the situation is...WC1
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Take pictures of the accident scene too, if possible.
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Well WC...........don't feel too bad. I just now discovered she got a little closer than I thought. :oops: :evil: :evil:

She hit the soft spot of the box. We were both going so slow I didn't even feel or hear an impact. But, I just now went to the garage & lookie what I found. :cry: After I took the pic. I beat on it for awhile. About 99% of it popped out. If I took a little time with the hammer & dolly I think it would disappear other than the molding has a little distortion but you have to look for it to notice it (almost completely straightened out when the metal popped back). The truck has been degraded to beater status for a few years now, this isn't it's first boo boo so it's no big deal really. (Although the argument could be made that @ the ripe old age of 17 it's a numbers matching classic). :lol: :lol: That MIGHT be a stretch. :lol: :lol:

15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:09 pm

A lady backed into Bill's Corvette door, while he was parked at work. $3,200 to replace it and match the paint. :(

Why can't people be more careful? :roll:
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Barb

Postby Barb » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:53 pm

A lady backed into Bill's Corvette door, while he was parked at work. $3,200 to replace it and match the paint. :(

Why can't people be more careful? :roll:

:twisted: Most people are in such a hurry anymore .. and .. half of em just don't care. It's a real shame :(
Families are like fudge .. mostly sweet with a few NUTZ!!!!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:16 am

It's unbelievable. I just can't understand all this. It doesn't add up! What the heck is happening to people?
Life Is Good!
Support Live Music!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Technology combined with distractions?? Like Ron White (the comedian) says..."You Can't Fix Stupid".
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

F/C Girl

Postby F/C Girl » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi WC Just catching up on everyones stuff, lots of reading and wanted to say hi. Hows the music coming along? :-)
Nancy Matter
Nancy Matter Racing, Inc.
http://www.nancymatterracing.com

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”