New Car Progess Halted

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Greg Green
New Car Progess Halted

Postby Greg Green » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Some of you know I am in the process of building a N/FC for my son and I to have fun with. Yesterday, I called the chassis builder and had him pull our car out of line to be updated. With all the recent talk about FC chassis I just didn't feel comfortable going ahead with this project right now. When we get all the reports and such and someone actually figures out what the safest chassis is, we'll go ahead with it. As a dad, I just am unable to put my son in a race car I'm not sure of and send him down the track. We had hoped to get it all completed by next season and get Rapid to do some testing so I could get a handle on the tune up while the kid was working on getting his license. I don't know if it will happen next year or not, but, if and when I get some straight answers on the chassis, we'll get it going again.

Heather712SC

Postby Heather712SC » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:26 pm

As much as you want the car finished and out at the track... You have the right idea about safety and keeping your son's safety in best interest. The best of luck to y'all. It'll be worth the wait! :D
MY DRAGSTER AND CREW RUNS OFF ALCOHOL.

MY DRiNKiNG TEAM HAS A RACiNG PROBLEM...

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:10 pm

Greg, I believe the chassis problems are all related to the Big Show 8000 hp beasts. But, as a father myself I can completely see your side.

Keep me in the loop as I would look forward to helping with the shakedowns.

Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it is the best! GOOD ON YA!!

Rapid
Last edited by Rapid Randy Baker on Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:49 pm

8) i sure won't argue your decision Greg....
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:03 pm

your a smart and wise man in my book , thats why when I build my car I added some other not needed things to it , yes it added weight but I don't like walls and other imovable/movable objects and its only a super gasser .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Greg Green

Postby Greg Green » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:06 am

I'm pretty sure it's mostly an issue with the Big Show cars, but then again, I'm just not willing to take that kind of risk. With either my son or my friend Rapid. I haven't heard of any of the NFC's breaking the chassis and perhaps I don't have too much to worry about but, the parent in me says, wait until someone figures this out so you are sure you have the safest race car you can. Like I told my son, we sitll have the 9 sec street car so we can still have some fun..lol

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:14 am

Well now that you have some time and a couple of Nitro motors laying around,,,,,, :wink: :lol: :lol:

I still admire you for doing what you thought was right on this deal. Nice! 8)

Is it going to be built as a match race combo or a VRA legal car?
NITRO PILOT

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:47 am

Good call, if your not comfortable with the deal then don't do it right now. I'd be more worried about Rapid driving my car than the chassis. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:57 am

As well you should be MISTER!! If I was in your Pipe Rack,,,you have to hope my fever wasn't contagious!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

Greg Green

Postby Greg Green » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:51 pm

I'm going to try to do VRA type but let's just say it will run in the 5's. Besides, it still gives me more time to look for a decent altered body that can be switched for a few match races with a certain other AA/FA that I know about..lol

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”