Murphys Romance Racing

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Murff
Well, She's A Runner!

Postby Murff » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:14 am

Got the Falcon lit off last week but quickly discovered that my starter wasn't really up to the task. Lots of kicking and bucking, nasty gnashing sounds. Pulled the plugs, spun up quite nicely. Plugs in, all sorts of bad nastiness.

New Powermaster XS starter arrived yesterday. Installed, hit the switch and spun like it oughta. Cool. Had The Totally Awesome Missus Murff give the hat a little squirt of alky, hit the starter, then the mag...and set the grass on fire under the car. Whoops. Put a little more advance into it, and had a buddy come by to assist 'cause the Missus was becoming a little cautious.

Buddy gave it a squirt of gas this time, I hit the starter, switch on the mag and VAROOM, fired right up. Got to hear it burn off the gas and then pick up the alky for the 1st time. Pretty cool.

Topped off the trans fluid, bumped a little more into the mag, and off on a road test I went. Nothing major, just a 2 block cruise around the neighborhood. No smoke shows or other violence, saw a few cats and small children running for cover and a few grownups grinning as I rumbled by, that was cool.

I did whack the throttle once as I approached the safety of my driveway, and to me the response seemed a little lackluster, didn't have the snap that the last build did. I'm going to pickup a good self powered timing light so I can find where this thing really is, and then go from there.

But so far I am pretty pleased with the way the car turned out.

And the rides of my assistants

Shoot, that's kind of a big picture, huh? Sorry.

Murff

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:44 am

Hi Murff. Welcome back! I edited your big pic to 600 pixels wide. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Murff

Postby Murff » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 am

Thanks Bill, 'preciate it.

Murff

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:17 am

Cool pics. Thanks for the report Murff. 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:32 am

Alright Murff! 8)

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:49 am

way to go Murff!!!! :D 8) 8)
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Iowa Al

Ford's

Postby Iowa Al » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Murff,
You would have loved the Super Shifters at Draglist III. The final pair were both Ford's, a Mustang and a Probe and both had Ford engines.
They both hauled butt.
IA Al

Murff

Postby Murff » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Thanks for the strokes, fellers. It does feel ggod to finally have this back together. Problem now, I ran out of money and can't afford to get it to the track! DOH!

Have to go to SF on business for 10 days later this month, and the local strips are darn near done for the year by the time I get back, at least for test & tunes. Pacific Raceways has a big bux bracket race in 2 weeks and I can't use that for a T&T, and then there is no drag racing on the schedule until October. OCTOBER! IN SEATTLE! Yeah, like THAT will be a dry time for racing, sheesh.

Plan now is to do some garage tuning on it and then see if it's worth the tow to Renegade in Yakima in September, or just drain it and put it on stands so that we are ready for spring '09. Seems like a waste to wait 'til spring, but that would give me a chance to let my bank account catch up with my (bad) spending habits of late.

Murff

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:30 am

8) great reporting
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Pappy1

Postby Pappy1 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:51 am

Thanks for the reports Murff. I thought I was the only one with those problems LOL. Do you mean to tell me just because there's still checks in the book, I don't nessisarily have any money?????

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”