Murphys Romance Racing

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:03 pm

Very cool,,,,dragListers everywhere 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Great, Murff! Go up there and have fun...great video! That car sounds baaad...I saw the puddle; heck, if I was driving that thing the puddle would have been from me instead of the car...tell Vic howdy and enjoy the final race of the season...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 am

Cool Murf! Glad to see you get one more run in.

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:57 am

Awsome Murff,..
see yas saturday at the Pacific Raceways.

Vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

Murff

Postby Murff » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Well, Vic had a much better day than I did, car-wise. He may not have liked the track prep but at least he got down track.

I had loaded my car up on my brother in laws open trailer Friday night so I wouldn't wake my neighbors at 0:dark:thiry. Naturally, it rained like nobody's business Friday night. I had the hat and mag covered, but could not get the car started Saturday morning at the track.

Eventually the starter would only click, even tho' the battery still showed 11.85 and even with a jump. Discovered that the main battery to starter cable had gotten a little too close to the header, melted the insulation and had been arcing the header so bad that it actually melted a hole in the number 4 tube.

But ya know, I had a really great time anyway. Hanging with Vic, taking some vids (being edited now), and hanging with some guys from another orum, FordMuscle.com. Much good stuff. I just couldn't get too jacked over not being able to run. I was disappointed, sure. But there was just too much going on for me to wallow in it.

I have repaired the main cable and will go to up to Honest Performance after work tomorrow to get the rest of the parts for the repairs. Thought I had killed the starter, but it tests out Ok. Probably a ten dollar fix.

If I am indeed learning from my mistakes, I should be one brilliant MF'r before much longer.

Murff

Murff

Postby Murff » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 am

ZZZzzzzzzzzzz.....muttermutter...huh? Oh, Ok, I'm awake now.

Sheesh, been away too long. I've stopped in here and there and caught up on others doings but haven't updated my own. Also missed on the calendar, dangnabit! But I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a few. I'd be real proud to have you fellers cars on my office walls.

The Falcon is alive again, but is resting comfortably on jack stands for the winter months. Hopefully it survives, because with all the time & $$$ I've spent on it I neglected my garage. My roof is leaking like a sieve and I've been on bucket brigade every day that it rains. Bummer, but repairs just have to wait until spring.

Powermaster rebuilt my starter for me for $20, which I thought was more than fair since the damage was self inflicted. Treated me real nice, high praise for Powermaster customer service. Also found a few of my battery lugs that were either improperly soldered, or with all the shorting that was going on the wires got hot enough to dissolve the solder. Either way, repairs have been made and so far so good.

Didn't get the opportunity to return to the strip, but I did go out last weekend and fired that rascal up. Put in some alky, wife gave it three shots of gas, and it rumbled to life. I was pretty impressed since it hasn't been started since mid November and the temps this weeked were in the mid 40's. I was quite pleased with how easily it started for me. So pleased that tomorrow I am going to order one of Spud Miller's new Spring Over Center brackets for the fuel shutoff. I have been needing exactly that piece.

On the home side, my Son Jake arrived home from Afghanistan on December 23rd so Christmas was indeed Merry around the Murphy household. He is now stationed at Fort Lewis which is about 30 miles from here so now I can breathe again. He 'should' be stateside for about 18 months so I should be able to get some footage of him racing the Falcon this summer. Oh, and if I didn't mention it before, he was a busy soldier when he was home on leave last. I'm going to be a Grandpappy this summer, due date pretty close to 4th of July.

And I promise to loiter around DL more from now on. I feel so out of touch.

Murff
Peace, Love & Groovy Vibes

Pappy1

Postby Pappy1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:56 am

Hi Murf

Glad to hear your son made it home OK. Thank him for me!!!!!!!

Congrats on becoming a certified old fart (Grandpa) I have a few extra grandkids of my own if you need one for practice :lol: :lol:

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:51 am

Good to hear from you

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”