Murphys Romance Racing

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Lippy

Postby Lippy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:23 pm

Glad it worked out for you Murff. We have the manifold off the 408 and the plates on the shelf!! Too late, I know!! The Ford served us well, made some money with it and was bullitproof. If we can help, yell. Lippy 785-650-9415.
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

Iowa Al

Thread

Postby Iowa Al » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:40 pm

Murff,
You fit in real good with this bunch.
We all love all types of drag racing.
IA Al

SLICK VIC

Postby SLICK VIC » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:39 pm

Welcome Murff,....
Cool cars,..enjoy the show, and post up as
you please on the progress of your stuff.

Vic
http://www.vicmillerracing.com/
SMOLDERY SMOKEY BURNOUTS TO YOU ALL

Murff

Postby Murff » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:06 am

Thanks to all for the kind words, is much appreciated coming from guys with histories like yours. I am humbled.

4 day weekend for Christmas so it's garage time. Install the windshield bar for the cage and fit a new trans tunnel on the Falcon, and the altered starts getting stripped to the chassis for updates to see if we can cert to 7.50.

Ordered my pistons from Danny at BRC yesterday. Shelf pistons, but out of stock so it'll be a few weeks before they are here. After the 1st the block and heads go to Honest Performance here in Federal Way for some touch ups. As soon as the pistons arrive I can get everything balanced.

While that's going on I get back to re-installing the wiring. Also going to see if I can track down a couple of sheets of blue or gold plexi for my side windows. Might as well complete the look.

Trying to keep myself busy. Heard from my daughter in law tonight. My son hit Germany today and will probably be in Afghanistan tomorrow.

Sure wish he was ten years old again and home safe in his room.

Merry Christmas.

Murff
Peace, Love & Groovy Vibes

Jim Kalb

Postby Jim Kalb » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:52 am

that is awsome stuff murf.nice car's. :D

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:13 am

Murff, here's wishing your son a safe and speedy return home, and tell him THANKS! Lippy and family.

Murff

Postby Murff » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:22 pm

Murff, here's wishing your son a safe and speedy return home, and tell him THANKS! Lippy and family.
Thanks Lippy, will do.

I meant to ask you, are you interested in a little horse trading on your plates? IIRC your injectors are ported through your plates, aren't they? I ported mine to my intake at the base of the runner. Wanna trade plates?

Just askin'.

Murff
Peace, Love & Groovy Vibes

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 pm

That is an excellent collection of hot rods, Murff! Great reading...best wishes to your son...thanks for showing us those great cars! Good luck with the Falcon...that's a very cool project and an outstanding individual statement...go get 'em in '08! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:24 am

Thanks Lippy, will do.

I meant to ask you, are you interested in a little horse trading on your plates? IIRC your injectors are ported through your plates, aren't they? I ported mine to my intake at the base of the runner. Wanna trade plates?

Just askin'.

Murff
Murff, I'll ask Larry my partner, they are his plates, but I don't see why not. I'll call him tomorrow. Lippy

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:35 am

You got a P.M. Murff.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”