Purple66bu's 66 Chevelle

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:01 pm

yeah....Go figger :roll: LOL
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:20 am

Thought id blow the dust out of this thread just to make sure it still worked...lol
Not much happening machine shop is really dragging there feet and if he called today it wouldnt matter...Moneys tight and i need to figure out a different way to earn a living..Seems unless you work for the BIG outfits which have ya livin by the phone and workin 7 days a week (no weekends off) theres no money to be made.Im frustrated because i had plans for this year and they seem to be shot all to hell.I havent been sayin much(not that it would help) but i had to vent somewhere and i might as well talk to MY family(draglisters).I'm trying to figure out how to put a business proposal together (never did) to be able to purchase a dually and a 3car trailer for haulin cars.Seems to be somewhat lucrative though id be on the road alot.Oh well ill keep ya all updated on what happens just thought id share.
Lada Dennis
www.midwestsuperstockmafia.org

BlownGoat

Postby BlownGoat » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:16 am

Hey purp glad ya dusted the thread off because after looking through some of these I missed yours. Excellent looking Chevelle, the big 6"cowl looks great on that year Chevelle.

And in focus or not that pic hangin' the wheels is a great shot 8)
If I dont get my car finished soon I'm gonna have to modify the cage so my walker will fit through the door!

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:18 pm

What BG said, Dennis...the movie is also great of that huge wheelie...you stayed with it all the way....uh...or at least as long as you could...awesome! WC1 :twisted:
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:37 pm

BG heres the video of the wheelstand
http://media.putfile.com/wheelstandbarneystyle

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:40 pm

Heres the video of the run that top picture was taken of..

http://media.putfile.com/The-Rematch

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:31 pm

Hi Dennis.I couldn't help notice the wheelie bars in the newer pictures.I can relate to the delay in returning to racing.We were going to be out this year for sure.But the co-owner is involved in a new business that has him away 3 weeks out of 4.Since the car is at his house,I don't always have access to it.So another season has flown by.

purple66bu

Postby purple66bu » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:17 am

Hi Dennis.I couldn't help notice the wheelie bars in the newer pictures.I can relate to the delay in returning to racing.We were going to be out this year for sure.But the co-owner is involved in a new business that has him away 3 weeks out of 4.Since the car is at his house,I don't always have access to it.So another season has flown by.
Novel t your right there was bars on in the newer picture.I wasnt gonna go out after the wheelstand until i had bars on and i didnt have the dough to have a set built at the time.A friend calls me and says i have this old set i got from someone laying here why not see if they will line up with your brackets?.(when i bought the car it had the brackets but no bars).The bottom section lined up perfect with the brackets all i had to do was have new ends welded on with clevis ends.It was already Nov so i just put them on the side until my buddies called and said the last Street Car Chaos is Nov12 during the day on a sat and its gonna be 60 degrees.Well we measured everything i sent the bars to my chassis guy and had him do his thing.My buddy Kevin runs there friday evening and picks em up while im still at work and we meet at the garage.I proceed to get the rest of the car ready(had to cut down the front end limiters i bent after the wheelie)and hes back behind the car bolting the bars on when i hear..."oh S%^&! DUDE we have a problem!" with the adjustments all the way up the bars are slammed on the ground...and its 10.30pm NOW WHAT? I run in the house and call my chassis guy John Beyer and tell him the dilemma and ask if he has two clevis tube inserts left..yep he does.Kevin has a welder so i figure ill just run all the way to Johns grab the ends go to Kevins cut and weld and im done.John says ill meet you at Kevins that will save you time (now its 11pm) We all meet at Kevins cut and weld everything and bs a bit (12.30am now) and i says John what do i owe you.."have fun Dennis"what a great guy! We got back to my place installed the bars finished the rest and left the garage at 3am.7.30 am we were pushing the car on the trailer.Only made one hit that saturday the picture you see but it was worth it.1.25 60ft on the rear tires!!! It only ran 8.78@150mph but there was a 40mph headwind.The last video is that run. That thrash reminded me of the ole days and it was cool as heck.
peace

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:28 am

My heart rate went up reading that story.Yes,sometimes the thrashing before a race weekend can be exciting

BlownGoat

Postby BlownGoat » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:06 pm

BG heres the video of the wheelstand
http://media.putfile.com/wheelstandbarneystyle

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8)

wow! that's about all I can say after watching that vid :D 8)
If I dont get my car finished soon I'm gonna have to modify the cage so my walker will fit through the door!

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”