The Solid Rock Mustang

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Thanks for the info. I have dual bars on there now and they are 60".
You're at least the 5th or 6th person in the last few days who has told me about the very sophisticated way of measuring the height of the wheelie bars!! LOL

I have to make some modifications to my bars to get them that low, plus I want to get some heavier tubing in there cause the ones on there are bowed.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Take that back - brain fart (I've been having alot of them today... :roll: ) Mine is around 60", not 50". It was a 6' kit and I cut a bit off of it because it just seemed wayyyy back there since I don't have much body overhang.

If they're flexing, that might be some of the issue. My last set was 48" with the springs. Even with the spring tension screwed all the way down, it still moved up several inches. I think the bigget thing is to get it stopped before it gets too much momentum. Once it get some momentum going up, then it's really hard to stop.

One thing I like about the single is it's easy to adjust if it's steering the car. Mine was going slightly left when it was on the bar - tweaked one of the hiems a half a turn and it brought it right around.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”