Rocky's F/C

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Solid Rock
Re: Rocky's F/C

Postby Solid Rock » Wed May 05, 2010 7:45 am

We went to RT 66 last Saturday and got a couple of passes in.
The first was an 8.19 at 169. It drifted near the wall a couple of hundred feet out and I had to backpedal twice.
The second was a 7.83 at 173. We were pretty happy with that one. Hopefully we can keep things straight and start working on the tune up.
We went up for a third run but it did some drizzling and them someone oiled the track so we called it a day. Found out later that they called it because of the rain.

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Wed May 05, 2010 7:48 am

This Friday, May 7. we are headed to Joliet Central High School with the Illinois Patrol Omni Funny Car and the Illinois Police Racing Association's cars to do a display for the students. It should be fun.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed May 05, 2010 8:32 am

8) 8) 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Mrs. Stimpy

Postby Mrs. Stimpy » Thu May 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Mrs. Stimpy, No DLN this year. We can't fit it in the budget and will be finishing up a 3 week whirlwind tour.

Know about the money thing has the projects on complete hold , and I am out of work again ... BTW this is stimpy , I have to use marys acount due to my computer melting down .

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Fri May 14, 2010 7:41 am

We'll be heading out to Kil Kare Dragway in Xenia, Ohio later today for out first event of the season with the GLNFCC.
I'm looking forward to it as I've never been to Kil Kare before but I have heard good things about the place.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri May 14, 2010 8:28 am

Enjoy Rocky...Sounds like a blast 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 am

Have fun Rocky. Be safe... 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

bandit

Postby bandit » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:21 pm

ROCKY!!! You need to report here!!
Nano!!

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:07 am

The Solid Rock team took part in the Pinks All Out event at RT 66 on June 25 & 26, 2010. We match raced with the Damn Yankee Vega of the Horvath Family.
In the first round we did our best to put down a good burnout as we weren't quite sure what the car was going to do. We have been experimenting with tire pressures and were hoping for the best at this event.
I took the burnout out as far is I could and when the tires started to chatter I let off. After backing up, I did two dry hops before staging.
When the tree flashed, I hit the throttle and started shifting gears. The Damn Yankee was right out my left window and a bit ahead of me till about half track then Mark must have put that Hemi into passing gear as he flat marched away from me.
While I wasn't very pleased with that, it really didn't bother me too much as I knew I was on a good run and, more importantly, the car went straight. We ran a 7.57 at 178.83 MPH. That is the best that we have managed to get out of the car to date.
An hour and a half later we went up for our second run. I was in the left lane this time. After giving it my best shot on the burnout I again lifted when the tires just started to chatter. I did two dry hops once again, lifting the front wheels off the ground a few inches.
Mark and I staged up and I was somehow able to pull off a good hole shot on him and never looked back. The car left really hard carrying the front wheels through first gear then lifting them again in second gear, I feathered the throttle a bit to let it down, then hit it and the front end came up even higher. When I hit third gear it came up once again and went even a bit higher. The motor then seemed to stop pulling hard but I was able to get to the stripe just barely ahead of the Damn Yankee Vega.
We ran a 7.71 at only 159.55 MPH. We will be making some adjustments to the fuel system and heading out next week to do it all over again. We were running in 90* plus heat and the track temp was over 120* so I am really happy with our numbers. We will improve.
Besides running our two best ET's to date we also ran our best 60 foot at 1.065. I also had my best reaction time in quite a while with a .156. I know that is not very good by most standards but for someone who is very close to signing up for medicare, I am happy with it.
We had a great time at the Pinks All Out event and the response to the nostalgia cars was incredible!
I think this was a great venue to showcase these cars and IMO the exposure was invaluable.
I owe a big thanks to my crew, Scuba Steve Casey, Jim Follkie, the Bear, Kevin Keating, and Tim Schuler. Crew member Eddie Fleming was unable to be there because of medical reasons.
Getting to hang out with the Horvath family was, as always, a pleasure!

23t

Postby 23t » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 am

NICE!!! 8) 8) 8) !!! Can't wait to see you guy's in person!!!!

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”