Rocky's F/C

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
bandit
Re: Rocky's F/C

Postby bandit » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:52 pm

The Solid Rock ran a career best 7.38 at 66 last night!
Nano!!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:34 pm

That's great! Congrats, Rocky! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

bandit

Postby bandit » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Just some Solid Rock info!! It was an eventful year for the Solid Rock team. New crew members, part time crew members. Rocky was challenged throughout the season! The season started out with Rocky getting everything buttoned up motorwise within 24 hours of our first pass! He picked me up at the hotel on the way to the track. Paducah Kentucky at the brand new Beacon Raceway!
The rest of the season was just as challenging! A couple of highlights are a new personal best in ET and MPH with the Evil Mach One. A big one for us was Bristol! The Annual Ford VS Mopar race. Last year we had breakage! The first in my years with Rocky. A disappointing 14 second run with a bad mag wire and a few bent or seized exhaust valves! This year Rocky came to prove something! We beat the always potent Horvath family Hemi Charger 3 straight!! An incredible time as Rocky scored his first GLNFCC Peak Trophy!!
The last race the 540 cid motor did some damage as Rocky found some pistons hitting heads and a crack or two in the crank! This was after many hard seasons and a lot of crowd pleasing burnouts on a Rocky Ausec built motor!
We had smiles, frowns, words and laughs! All the stuff that make this sport my favorite!!
Nano!!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks, Jim. Great update! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 am

Sharon and I are blessed to have shared a few of those good moments with the team. It is like
we get to see family once a year at Marion. Thanks Rocky and Bandit from us'inz in Gorilliland. :D

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:42 pm

7.38 OUTSTANDING!!!Great report Bandit, thanks.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 pm

A 7.38??!! WOW..........I ran one of those one time....oh...wait a minit... mine was in the 1/8th mile :oops: :oops: ..... :mrgreen:

Good Job, Rock!! 8)
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Jack Redd

Postby Jack Redd » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Rock 'N Roll & Billy Mac - what next?
Jack Approved!

23t

Postby 23t » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:24 am

Me to Billy!!!! Haha!! I was lacking in the racing this year!! Guess with a good cart repair season and growing older I've become more money conscious and denied myself of some fun activities that I have in the past!! :( But we had a great time helping out what little we did!!

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:50 pm

I have to tell you of an incident while being in Solid Rock’s pit area during the Nostalgia Funny Car Race at Marion County Ohio this year. We were all sitting and talking when this young lady came up to ask Rock to autograph his handout for her. She was deaf but could speak well enough so that we thought we could understand her. Rock signed the handout and we continued to talk but within a few minutes she came back with an older gentleman who was also deaf and he told Rock that he had signed her handout wrong and proceeded to tell Rock the correct name. So Rock signed another handout for her and when he finished the guy motioned to all of us that he couldn’t hear the noise but he pounded on his chest and told us he could feel it deep inside, smiling and telling us this was his first experience with drag racing. I just thought that was pretty cool. :D

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”