Rocky's F/C

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Mr. Jean
Re: Rocky's F/C

Postby Mr. Jean » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:09 am

8) 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Solid Rock

Postby Solid Rock » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:10 am

We took the car out to RT66 tonight and got one run in before the weather turned evil. It was downright scary returning to the pits. A huge dust cloud traveled from west to east on the south side of the pits while just north of the track the sky was pitch black and had some lightening. Very scary. Steve was in the car for the tow back and was getting pelted with dust and could hardly keep his eyes open, but we made it into the trailer just as the rain hit.
Back to the run. We leaned the injectors down a bit and it sounded great. The burnout must have been pretty good cause I had to lift because the smoke was blocking my vision. We got her back behind the starting line and I did a dry hop, lifting the front wheels off the ground.
I staged the car and when the tree flashed I let her have it. The wheelie bars hit three times unloading the tires each time and the car drifted to the right so I backpedaled it once and got back after it. It ran fine the rest of the run. It was an 8.09 at 174 MPH. It wasn't anywhere near what we were hoping for, but we did learn a few things.
We'll be trying it again next Saturday to get ready for the Marion County Nostalgia Funny Car Nationals on August 7.

bandit

Postby bandit » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:49 am

The car really thundered down track. I really thought a "7" was gonna pop up.
That storm was really something! I thought the Mustang body was going to visit Frankfort! :shock: :shock:
Nano!!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:27 pm

You guys are out there living the dream. I'm proud to follow along in your adventures... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 am

The car really thundered down track. I really thought a "7" was gonna pop up.:
Well at 8.09 you wern't off by much Bandit. That storm sounds nasty, :twisted: Glad you got her in the trailer just in time.

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Zap, I can feel for Rocky on his quest for a "7"... I've been just about as close to an 8 as one can get and not got it... (9.003) I prolly won't be challenging him any time soon :oops:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

bandit

Postby bandit » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:20 pm

We have 7's, just not as often as we like. We ran a 7.57 at Pinks. We thought we could repeat.
Nano!!

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 pm

7.57?? Go ahead, Bandito...rub it in. :oops: The ONLY way I'll ever see performance like that outta Peggy is to put a really big fogger kit on it...or strap a huffer down on the intake; I don't see either happening, so low 9's or maybe high 8's are my destiny. :cry:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 am

Billy, nothin wrong with low 9's. Theres plenty folks that WISH they could go low 9's. Enjoy sir. :wink: :wink:

bandit

Postby bandit » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:02 am

There's nothing wrong with any time. An ET slip means you're racing!
Nano!!

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”