Green Racing's Anglia Gasser

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
greenracing

Postby greenracing » Fri May 09, 2008 11:34 am

At this point in time, I don't have a plan... :oops:

I've got enough stuff going on lately with the kids a family that I'm just kind of taking it one step at a time.

I'd like to make the gasser meet at Thompson at the end of the month, but at this point I can't say for sure that I'll be there - but we'll try.

As far as Marion in Aug, If I'm running I'll probably go and play - if Denny wants us there ;)

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Fri May 16, 2008 8:44 am

Thompson? You mean the race in September right? :lol: :lol:

I found some time last night to go out and wrench. I didn't get too far before I found the next problem... Threw the bearings and seal in the block, lubed it up, dropped the crank in, threw the caps on and snugged them down - the crank turns really hard (with a breaker bar on it)... Now I've had this all together to check clearances and such, so this was a bit perplexing to say the least.

But, or course I hadn't had the seal in it. Pulled the back cap off and the seal has turned in block with the crank - not a good situation. After closer inspection, when they machined the caps (or an accumulation of the years of machining the caps...), the little groove that the seal fits in is shallower that it should be - not a little, but like .080-.100 shallower. This means that the seal is sticking up way too far.

So now I need to re-machine the seal groove in the main cap. :roll:

Ok Murff - you're in the lead now :lol:

Murff

Postby Murff » Fri May 16, 2008 9:44 am

Man, the hits just keep on comin', don't they?

Since I don't actually have my stuff home yet (tomorrow) I can't claim the lead. I am sure mine isn't going to just be a bolt-together program either. Wish it would be, but if it was what would I have to P & M about?

Today & tomorrow the weather is promising to be in the mid 80's around here. First decent weather we've seen in the NW all year. Perfect race weather.

You & I will be in the garage instead.

Murff
Peace, Love & Groovy Vibes

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Fri May 16, 2008 10:58 am

Man Perry,,,you need a late model 426!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Sorry about the latest deal. :x
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Fri May 16, 2008 11:30 am

Sometimes I've considered putting this thing together, firing it, and selling it. I can build a killer BBC and still have some money left over :lol:

The weather calls for rain all weekend here Murff, so it won't be too bad to stay in the garage...

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Sorry about the seal deal Perry. :oops:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Wed May 21, 2008 10:55 am

My machine shop isn't quite as sophisticated as Gary's, (ok - it consists of a drill press and a grinder :oops: ) but I got my seal groove routed out.

As of last night - the crank's in, the 150 bolts that hold the girdle and mains together are torqued - and the crank spins! 8)

I went to bed before something else could happen :lol:

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Sounds like goota' progress Perry. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Perry, I've been known to use a lil' bailing wire & duct tape from time to time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Tue May 27, 2008 7:48 am

The engine is in the car!

I've got everything attached except for the starter and headers last night. I discovered that I'm going to have to do a bit of 'hand machining' on the new pan rail to fit the diaper between it and the starter motor - that's why the headers aren't on yet.

Wheelz - we're planning on going to Thompson this weekend - unless it does something really bad on first fire-up tonight or tomorrow.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”