Green Racing's Anglia Gasser

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Lippy

Postby Lippy » Wed May 31, 2006 10:56 pm

Hiney, he said Hiney! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

flyinhillbilly

Postby flyinhillbilly » Wed May 31, 2006 11:29 pm

lippy, i can't help but think that you watched too much bevis and butthead back in the day :lol:
the police never think it's as funny as i do

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:54 am

Perry, after the launch,if you are facing the spectators.LIFT YOUR FOOT! :lol:

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:51 am

Why??? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

wheelzman

Postby wheelzman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:46 am

:shock: :shock: I want some hiney pictures when you come to Bowling Green so save some of that little car for then. I had one of them little cars and set it on its hiney once. OOOWWWW!!!!!! I'm not sure but these hiney pictures won't be X rated so they should be appropriate for the board????

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:24 am

Why??? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They'll run, won't they? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:31 am

The ride isn't over until it runs out of fuel is it??? :shock: :lol: :lol:
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Mike-Casella

Postby Mike-Casella » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:04 pm

:lol: ^

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:59 pm

Thompson Gasser Reunion 2006 Race Report

Rain, rain, rain... and more rain.

What a dreary weekend. At least I was only 45 minutes from home - I feel sorry for the guys that came very far.

Friday:
Arrived to some sprinkles and fine mist. It cleared up and they had the track dried up and running time trials a little after noon. We decided that since they were basically running open time trials Friday and Sat, that we'd take our time and run both cars so that we all could help on each one.

I pulled the car through tech. They asked me what class I was going to run. I didn't know, so I told them B/G, which is on the schedule as a 9.0 index. I want to get the car in the low 9's for Bowling Green's 9.10 index, so I figured I'd try to get it there this weekend.

We waited for a few cars to get some rubber down on the track and pulled Johnny's FED around first. He shook the tires at the hit, but pushed a 7.73 @ 163 out of the little FED. One of his fastest runs.

We pulled the Anglia into staging, got suited, strapped and pushed to the front of the line, and it started spitting rain. I sat tight for 5-10 minutes and it stopped - it wasn't enough to hurt the track, and we fired and backed into the water. Held the line lock for a bit at 5000 and got some smoke going, I could see the fuel from the zoomies - really fat. Let the lock go and goosed it and it blubbered past the line. Backed up, staged, hit the tree with a .518, wheels up, felt it moving and pedaled it and back in. I realized it was really out of tune when I waited for the tach to get to 7000 to shift, and it wouldn't go past 6000 in low gear. I shifted and listened to it blubber its way down the track - finally making it to around 6000 by the traps. 10.41 @ 115. Maybe I should have signed up for D/G....

They ran 2 pairs of cars after me and the rain came. Day 1 ended with us all rushing for the trailers.

Saturday:
The day started with light rain again, but cleared up so that we could get time trials going around 1 or 2.

I cranked the throttle stop out 1/4 inch and took .012 out of the fuel to try to wake it up.

We ran John's FED first again. He got screwed up at the tree, hit it twice, had to back off around 900', and ran an 8.10.

By this time it had cleared up and was actually sunny. I pulled the Anglia into the back of staging to find that all 5 lanes that they were using were full. Our lane started to move, so I got suited up and strapped in, only to find that they were taking a few cars from the front of each line in some sort of insane random order. I ended up sitting for nearly an hour - at least it was only about 72 degrees, so the -20 suit was only slightly unbearable. While sitting at the front of the line, they announced that staging would close for time trials in 6 minutes - so much for making more than 1 run today...

I got the signal to fire and ran it around to the water box. Burnout was a little better with a bit less blubbering. I let the Austin next to me stage first, then pulled into the lights. Hit the tree with a .532, wheels up, felt it moving about the same as the last run and decided to let it go and see what it did. It settled down and I straightened it out without lifting. (The guys said that didn't notice it moving, so it must feel worse than it looks) The shift light came on, shifted, the light came on again just as I came up on the stripe. The engine sounded much sweeter although I was told after wards that it was blowing fuel pretty good at the end of the run. 9.50 @ 131. Much better - now I'm almost in the class I signed up for.

They announced that there was a free gamblers race that night to run in between the funny car and fuel FED show runs. I decided to pull a dial out of my hiney and get in line - at least I'd get another run on the car before the race on Sunday.

I backed the throttle stop out another 1/8 inch, fueled it up and pulled it over to staging. They played the national anthem, and it rained.

After an hour or so, it cleared up. I decided that it was probably more important to change the oil and do some maintenance than to wait around for 2 hours waiting for the track to dry, when they might decide not to run us anyway. So I pulled it into the trailer and got greasy. The oil looked like baby sh*t, so it was probably a good thing that we didn't run it. All of that fuel out the pipes, means a lot past the rings...

The evening ended with them running the funny cars and fuel cars on the 1/8 mile. It was cold and damp and most of the cars could not get down the track - not a very pleasant evening.

Sunday:
Race day - showed up early hoping for a final time trial in the morning. It had drizzled before I got there at about 10. They were busy drying the track, but the track manager said if it rained one more time, that was it. At 11:30, it rained for about 10 minutes. They said that it was going to clear up, but that there was most likely another shower right after that.

Everyone was called to the tower to verify their address so that they could get a discount voucher for next years entry - that was a nice gesture for those of us that waited it out all weekend.

We loaded everything up and took our soggy shoes home.

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:17 pm

Perry, sorry about the rain out but at least ya got a couple passes on it. We were blubbering also! Good report!! Thanks! :D 8)

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”