Green Racing's Anglia Gasser

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
greenracing
Re: Green Racing's Anglia Gasser

Postby greenracing » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:30 am

Was mouse nest optional that year?????????????????? :shock: :D
I'm thinking it was a no-cost option from a certain Indiana RV dealer. Bonus! :lol:

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:53 am

woohoo - We actually loaded up the car and got to the track Saturday!

Took the car over to the Steel Valley Nationals at Quaker City for a few hits to try to remember how to drive. The event is primarily a street rod, street machine event - there is no track prep and lots of street tired cars, so the starting line was not in very good shape. I went over with Steve and his '33 Willys so we played match race games for the day.

First run was the first time I'd used the throttle control and I'm so used to swapping feet that I got all confused and ended up rolling out of the lights at idle :oops: :lol: I hit it and ended up running a mid 9, but at 154mph. Second run the car launched and immediately smoked the tires and headed for the tree, or was it the wall, or maybe both :shock: I idled it down, drove back onto the black part of the track and hit it to run a mid 10 :roll:

Of course by now I've gotten the expected good natured ribbing from Steve about him being halfway back the return road before he sees me coming down the track. Third pass Steve red lights by around 50 and I took a cat nap and left 250 late; needless to say he's way out in front of me. This time the car finds just enough traction to go mostly in one direction. I reeled him in and took the stripe .0024 seconds before he did - no holeshot wins today buddy! That was a fun race! The car ran an 8.70, so considering the bad track, the bad air, and my lazy tuneup, I was pretty happy.

This coming weekend we're headed over to Norwalk for the Gasser Magazine Gasser Reunion on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Congrats on getting the caah back out there Perry. Sounds like a "perfect" day at the track. :D
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:55 am

We had a nice weekend at the gasser reunion in Norwalk. Perfect weather, great facility, the car ran well, the driver - well - not so great :roll:

Friday morning we had about the best air I've run in. Out of the box the car ran 8.36 at 161 - the quickest and fastest pass ever for the car. Went back out in the afternoon and had to do a bit of pedalling on the hot track but still managed an 8.54. We met Vic and looked over the Veney's Vega a bit - never did get to see him run - heard him tho.

Saturday it got hotter and the air started going away - which is good because I'm supposed to be running an 8.50 index... We ran an 8.44 in the morning, then an 8.49 in the heat in the afternoon.

Sunday was really hot and the air was the worst of the weekend. I adjusted the tune up a bit, but didn't want to move it too much because I'd end up breaking out. First round I lined up next to Gordon Crowe's '33 Willys. We launched pretty much together, but then I never saw his car. The run felt like one of the best runs of the weekend, and since I the only time I hadn't run under the index all weekend was when I pedaled it, I figured I was in for a breakout run. I looked over near the end of the track and still didn't see the Willys, so I backed it down. Of course he came around me the instant I backed it down and beat me with an 8.67. Looking at the numbers, I was probably on an 8.50 run. Oh well - that's racing :roll:

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:27 am

8) great report congrats
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Good report, thanks. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks for the report, Perry. Smokin' run... 8.36, 161... bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”