Cart Conversion

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
pro70z28
Re: Cart Conversion

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:25 pm

That's a cool LQQKin' cart. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

23t

Re: Cart Conversion

Postby 23t » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 pm

What a great experience this was! 70's everyday and sunshine. My customer was great! She had it setup for us to stay in there 2nd condo for the time we were there. What a nice place! The Lakes in Palm Desert is a gated community over 900 homes and a 27 hole golf course. Off the back patio of the condo where we stayed, overlooked the fairway to the 9th hole right beside the clubhouse. Ah yes! Living a lifestyle of the rich and famous for a week! Now it's back to the lifestyle of the poor and shamless! :lol: Oh well. It was great to have the opportunity to experience that for a short time.

Anyway, this was to be a surprise gift, so the plan was to meet her at the condo, unload the cart and hide it in the garage. Then later that evening, a friend would drive it to the customer home during the New Years Eve party. That in which she invited us to attend. My wife and I were to be friends of a friend of the customer, from out of town that was attending the party. This was so her husband wouldn't wonder "who the heck are these people"?!
We left Ohio Sunday morning, a day later than planned due to some people that wanted to see the cart before we headed west, and arrived in Palm Desert Tuesday evening, 2 days ahead of schedule. The condo wouldn't be ready till Thursday so we stay in a local motel. This gave us plenty of time to pick up the rental car, check out the town, and drive by the condo where we would be delivering the cart.

Thursday came and it was time to meet the customer for the first time and get the cart in the garage before anyone seen it. We arrived at the condo around 12:30. I backed the truck up to the garage door, I could tell my customer couldn't wait to see the cart, when I opened the back door she gasped and said as she started to tear up, "it's beautiful!". She gave my wife and big hugs and said "Thank you for all the hard work!". I don't mind telling you guys that I also started to tear up a little bit. But for different reasons. After all the stress of dealing with sub-contracted work, time frame of the build, and then driving 2200 miles across the country to the delivery destination, it was such a relief to finally reach the end without any incidents. And also it was seeing how happy she was when I opened the door and she seen the cart. I was alittle worried on this build because she couldn't stop in the shop and check in from time to time and tell me what she like and dislike. It was all done by contacting eachother with emails and pictures. But the main thing now was, I did good!!

The next thing was how will her husband react when he recieves his gift at the party? It was killing me to have to wait for the time to head to the party.
Once we arrived, it was about an hour later, we could see the headlights of the cart coming across the the fairways heading for there home. The cart made it to the back patio just as her husband was coming out of there home. He didn't see the cart at first until someone blew the air horn. He jumped and turned around and just stood there for a second, looking as though he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I think he was in shock for the rest of the evening. The cart was a hit. He couldn't wait to try it out. And he did, for 4 days straight, he and a friend golfed everyday until they had to go back to work.

Now I can fill you in on where the customers are from and what they do for a living. Both reside in Calgary Canada but have a condo in Palm Desert.
He owns and operates 3 Peterbilt dealerships in and around Calgary and she is the President at The Phoenix Coaching Center, a family services consultant.

It was a perfect gift for a guy that owns 3 Peterbilt dealerships wouldn't you say!! 8) 8)

I want to thank my wife Heidi for taking care of the small things that needed done during this build. It's was the small things that added up to being a big help. And also, I'm proud of her for doing a great job with traveling that far without asking me " are we there yet?" 3hrs into the trip. She held off until we were almost there. :lol: Believe me, I was getting to that point on the 3rd day.

I will try to post a video of him getting the cart but I'm not having much luck with uploading pics or videos at this time. :roll:
Here are some pictures of the cart from The Lakes in Palm Desert California.

Thanks, Daryl

Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by 23t on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”