Cart Conversion

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
23t

Postby 23t » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Thank you Billy!! :wink:

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:15 am

oh believe me he knows every aspect of writeoff when it comes to the car .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

WildcatOne

Re: Cart Conversion

Postby WildcatOne » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:45 pm

Has he seen one? Shoot, I can't see why he wouldn't want one! But I'm not him...Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

23t

Postby 23t » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:52 am

Progress update...........

It don't seem like I've done much since the last picture post. I've spent alot of time this week on the phone trying to find someone to make the stainless trim parts. Monday, after waiting 3 weeks for an est. from the place I thought was a good choice, I called and they finally had a est. for me. $3300.00. :shock: :shock: :shock: That much for a band to go around the grill, wrap the bumper framing, a visor, and something to look like air cleaners. :shock:
I guess what sticks in my head with the other pete I built, the customer had someone he knew at a fab shop make the band for the grill. The cost he told me was $150.00. That to me is more like it. I found out Tuesday who done the work for him, so I called, said they would have a est. for me tomorrow. Called twice since and yesterday. The guy told me he was just getting ready to start the est., he would call after lunch. I said ,Today? He said yes! Never heard from him! Now I'm thinking, if it takes this guy 4 days to get back to me with just an est., how long will it take them to get the work done? I really don't think in Dec. their that busy. I have contacted some others and I'm waiting to see their estimated cost.
I hate to have to depend on someone else! :evil: Hate it.

On a brighter note, it's coming along. Slowly! Alot of detail work with the dash/glove box and the windshield insallation. The rest should go quicker. Dec 24th is the planned done date. So we will see, I know I'm going to try hard to meet that!
Here's some pics. and thanks for letting me vent!
ImageImageImageImageImage

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 am

I'm with you on the depending on somebody else thing, 23t...you shouldn't have to deal with that kind of jazz. I remember when a board member had a frustrating situation with a guy to get a Lexan windshield done for his car and he got the runaround, it took some pliers and a blowtorch to finally get his money back and the guy never did the work...check your PMs, t. I have an idea...Cheers, WC1 :idea:
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

23t

Postby 23t » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:00 am

Well I found someone that will be able to fab the stainless trim and meet my deadline at a reasonable price! I didn't know polished stainless was so hard to find and so exspensive! I think finding gold would be easier! Everyone seems to have brushed or milled on hand but not the polished! Another learning experience for me! Atleast I'm back in a more happier mood but I won't be super happy until I have the parts in my hands. :)

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:32 pm

23T, I just saw yer wheelie vid. in the video section. It took me back to my days in the plant. The stock dept. had these cushman elect carts. They were a one seat, center steer, flatbed style cart. Well this one seemed real quick off the line. So I started thinkin .....with a little balast behind the rear axle.....I may be able to stand her up.

Well we were working midnite shift and after repeted failed attempts, I finally convinced a rather robust friend to sit on the back. Well it still took a reverse to forward drop, but WHAA-LAA, up we went. No where near as long as yours , but much fun.

Ahhh, the good old days.....

23t

Postby 23t » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:02 am

Update!

Sorry for being late on posting pics but I've been trashing like never before. I felt I needed to block everything out so I can concentrate totally on this build. The cab and chassis are done, and as I type this, the cart is at the shop beng painted black metallic. So this has gave me a short break. Man did I need one! Trashing will start again when the carts back here at the shop. I still need to wire everything . Lights, motor, controller, batteries and accessories. Thanks to Gary for counting down the days because I would like to be done before Chrismas eve. I would atleast like to get one day of rest before heading out the 26th.

I'll try to get some more pictures posted before we leave. These will bring you up to speed on where I was at last weekend. I was wanting to take some the other day with all the stainless bolted on. But it was a spur of the moment when the call came that the shop was open and ready to paint. Had to go now!! No time to waste!!!
Thanks, Daryl

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 am

Daryl, great news on finding a place to do the work you need and meet yer dead line. Lets hope there are no more delays. You enjoy yer brake in the sun when you deliver the cart, you deserve it.(just wish I could see the look on their face when you present it) I know it's gonnaWOW them

23t

Postby 23t » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:52 am

Thanks Zappy!

It kind of nice to have some what of a break. But I'm not letting my guard down, I'm ready to exspect the unexspected! If I can get the cart finished to perfection, delivered on time, and my customer is happy, it will be my greatest accomplishment ever.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”