VULGAR DISPLAY of POWER 62 Bubbletop

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Big Erik
VULGAR DISPLAY of POWER 62 Bubbletop

Postby Big Erik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:22 am

well guys been here for awhile now and never did this so here it is......most of ya know my 62 by now.....so far this season is over for us as it is gettin COLD plus i took a head gasket out of it the last time out....nothin major pulled the threads on a head stud lost torque and pushed the gasket out......anyway this season wasn't my best....first T/S race at rt66 I broke the crank, block, front cover and bent a bunch of valves plus I fireballed it out the scoop at halftrack (they tell me it was spectacular!! i thought i was gonna burn it tothe ground the whole windshield was a fireball for a second LOL!!) soooo the only salvageable parts of my trusty 572 were the heads, since dad had a 588 shortblock that needed pistons we decided tof reshen it up make it a 598, and run another set of heads i just got that were "better" than my old ones.......two months later i got her goin again......the car ran a tenth off of the best time the 572 ran which was a 7.71 it was consistant as hell though it ran between 7.82-7.86 the rest of the season no matter what or where i was!! I went a few rounds and even made the final in the last race at 66!!......I also ran the Q16 at Cordova a few times didn;t fare as well there.......lost in 2nd round all three times i qualified and broke a rocker arm on etime and took the head gasket out the last time.though i still made the show..........anyway plans for the winter are to freshen the shortblock and I just bought a set of NEW(not just new to me) dart pro 2 heads for the car.i wanna try and step it up and try and run 7.60's if i can........also dad and i are gearing up to get back to work on our 53 stude we are redoing the car he has run for 12 years with a new double rail chassis that we are building ourselves.....so far this has been a learning expirience for me dad has built alot of cars from the ground up but though i have finished all of mine i never built a chassis from pipe on the rack before!!..it has been fun so far!! dad doesn;t yell at me too much LOL!!........well there ya have it...........I'll try and post updates etc when we get racin again ERIK
I'm everything they say i am......I'm so bad......Baby i don't care!!!

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:26 am

here's a pic for those who might not "know" me.......I am the one and so far only winner of the WALLY BELL low qualifier award for the eddyville Q16 at I think the DLN2.....so far one fo the big highlights of my racing career! :D ERIK

Billy Mac

Postby Billy Mac » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Sounds like you have things headed in the right direction, Eric 8) And from the look of that pic...."Big" is and understatement :shock:

Dried up, skinny ol' Billy Mac :oops: :lol:
Long Live Draglist!
Thank You Vets
In God we Trust...(all others pay cash)
Billy Mac Signs-West/Pegasus Race Cars

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:24 pm

8) 8) 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:04 pm

8) 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:27 pm

8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:49 pm

well in my defense the car is LOW LOL!! but i am still pretty fat too!!.......at the last race iw as sittin in the car in the lanes and I heard one guy ask another "why do they call him "big Erik".the other guy says "wait til he folds himself outa the car!" LOL! :D ERIK

bojangies46

Postby bojangies46 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:53 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
There is only one fuel NITRO

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:20 pm

GREAT car, Erik...thanks for the update and the COOL pic! Good luck with the new combo and the '53 Stude project! Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Big Erik

Postby Big Erik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:53 pm

forgot to mention thats an IOWA AL pic!! ERIK

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”