CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
WildcatOne
Re: CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS

Postby WildcatOne » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 am

I can't believe it's finally here! You guys GO! We'll be rooting for ya!
Wish I could be there. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

23t

Postby 23t » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:37 am

Thanks WC!!! Todays the day!!!
It's a strange feeling to be loading up the trailer to drag race in Jan.!!! I'm hopeing the roads get better as I drive west. Well atleast I have a 4 wheel drive.
I'll fill everyone in on our venture west next week. I have alot of good news to share. I really need a couple days off to relax and take it easy.

PJ

Postby PJ » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm

That was a great time. Had a blast, now I just need to to find a cart for next year
http://www.petitiononline.com/nhra/petition.html

23t

Postby 23t » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:31 pm

I had a great time also! It was great to meeting you and thanks for the help!

I'm trying to figure out how the picture upload works. If I can get some pics uploaded, I will post my results and pics tomorrow.

Zappy, you can post at anytime how your day went and how well of a job you did representing Classy Carts Motorsports. :wink: 8)

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:07 am

Ok Zappy...I'm waiting...are you writing a novel? :roll:

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Zappy, you can post at anytime how your day went and how well of a job you did representing Classy Carts Motorsports. :wink: 8)
I been trying for 2 days. Got 'puter trouble. Just got on. I'll do my report now .

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:00 pm

OK GANG WARNING: this will be long cause theres LOTS to tell. So you can skip, or get a cold drink and enjoy.
Frist off the cart was beautiful in person. 23T turned me loose as if it was mine. So I started makin time trials.
The blue Mercedese was super consistant. TT's of: 6.68-6.63-6.66-6.65-6.66-6.65. So My crwe chief (PJ) and I thru out the .68 & .63. We dialed a 6.65.

Now before RD1 they had a practice tree contest. So I entered, it was a 16 field.Well to keep it short ...I was runner up. 8)
I won a Jegs hat.

Next They had a "DIAL IN' contest on the strip. With the CCM Mercedes deadly consistant so YUP I entered. Now all thru TT's I could'nt get off the line. Linda wanted to put a handgernade in my back pocket. PJ my CC said he was gonna use a sundial to record my RT's.

The rules were, Didn't mater who won the race, red light did'nt mater, just closest to dial without breaking out. One shot only.
Well the a .374 was terrible , BUT the cart saved me with a stunning 6.66 on a 6.65 dial. I took first place, won $50 bucks.
OK, time for first RD.We stuck with the .65 dial. the opponent had a .157RT enough to kill my .364RT, but no matter I BO at 6.645 on our 6.65.
After they finished Rd 1 they let us buy back in. So I did. There was an odd number of buy-backs so when they ran us they picked car numbers and I got the bye. 8) 8)

On the bye run I pulled a better, but still stinky .197RT, and a 6.73ET on a 6.64 dial. WOAH where did the .73 come from???
OK, PJ & I though it was just a fluke, we kept the 6.64 dial for the next RD.

BIG mistake: we went 6.73 AGAIN, on our 6.64dial. Thank goodness the driver finally did his job. My .024RT nailed his .182RT so he BO trying to catch me, I won so on to the next RD.

By now the back to back 6.73's had us worried. We could'nt figure where a tenth went??? Then it hit me...I had changed the routeen. I have to back up now for this to make sense. Early in the day I could see the announser was a funny guy, I knew we were gonna play off each other. After I put on the "FLAME SUIT" he knew he could have fun with me. As I was about to make one of our TT's he said to me, "YOU KNOW WHAN WE NEED HERE IS SOME BACK-UP GIRLS".

I said "YOU WANT BACK-UP GIRLS??? I'LL GET YOU BACK-UP GIRLS". (he thought I was kiddin) Little did he know I had Lady Linda in the stands, and I just happen to have her NITRO NUPS" blue flame top to match my suit. Well after a quick change Linda & I pull thru the lanes and as we made the turn to go to the line he saw us. Well the announcer as well as everyone on the starting line was crackin up. And we went one better. Linda did a GREAT Austin Coil. I did a cross the line burn out and she backed me up.
Complete with the TWO taps on the driver fender , then point at me thru the windshield. Well the whole place went nuts.

Folks were screemin JUNGLE ZAP, but the anounser dubed her "AUSTIN COILETTE". All she needed was a toothpick.

OK, back to the rounds. It was when we started doin the dry-hops and back up, that we lost the tenth. We decided to keep Linda & the dry-hop & back up thing goin , so we changed our dial to a 6.71. (after the 6.732 & 6.733).

It worked, another RD WIN. with a so-so .096RT She ran a 6.72 on a 6.71, YES-- WE'RE BACK. :D

Now with all the excitement I did'nt realize how far we went. After the wins I go back thru the lanes and the starter comes over to tell us we were the SEMI FINALITS. If we loose, park in the pit and walk up to the line and get yer $50. COOL. If we win come right back up for the final.
23T had also been killin 'em and was one of the final 4.

Ok, semi final run: with runs of .73 - .73 - .72, I felt safe with the .71 dial. So we left it. I was sure that unless I red light, there was NO way that guy was gonna beet the Mercedes. Well he ran a 7.94 on a 7.89 dial, 6 over, I should have had him.......but alas, I bo. with a 6.706 on a 6.71. Yes it was THAT close, I was 4 hun to quick. It was that close to being an ALL CCM final.

I had two goals for the day: (1) to represent CCM well. and (2) to have a great time and give some laughs.
Well unknown to 23T I had two bottles of (fake) Champane chillin all day in the van. While they were takin pics on the line of the WINNER 23T & the runner up Linda got the bubbly out, Tony was passing out glasses to everyone, (AGAIN) they were laughing "LOOK ZAPPY'S GOT CELEBRATORY CHAMPANE" The lady on the starting line Thanked me for comming, she said I was just what they were lookin for.
Opps almost forgot I also won long distance driver award...another $50

It was one of the VERY BEST days I've ever had at the strip. A very heart felt thank you 23T for makin it happen.
A SPECIAL THANKS to my crew. I had my MICHIGAN MAFIA withn me. PJ - crew chief / Tony two pockets/ and Chris the enforcer. My three sons. Thank you Lady Linda AKA (Austin Coilette) 4 puttin up with me. LOVE YA BABE

Much more to tell but it;s TOO long already.
ZAPPY

Mr. Jean

Postby Mr. Jean » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:29 am

Excellent report Zappy. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Congrats on a great showing to everyone involved. 8)
Jean Muntifering
#7897 Comp.
Old Comp Racer

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”