CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Zappy
Re: CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Postby Zappy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:49 pm

I was a little leery at first (and so was Daryl) but once I got the feel for it, I couldn't stop my foot from mashing the pedal to the floor. :twisted: It was fun!

We've all had those same feelins girl, great huh. 8) Now you understand.
Well folks the RACE bug, just bit another one, (sniff) I'm SO proud, (sniff-sniff) it's so touching, (sniff) wheres that darn kleenex.???

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:12 pm

It was fun! Then Daryl asked me if I wanted him to get the wheelstander out and try it.....nope. Not yet. But who knows, maybe someday! 8)
All Right, she's really got the fever. I can hear the radio ads now....

"SUNDAY-SUNDAY AT ________________DragwAY, SEE THE WORLDS FIRST HUSBAND & WIFE WHEELSTANDING TEAM
Watch them each strap into their own little beasts - bring them to the line- then lift the front wheels 3 ft in the air, as they shoot down the track in a shower of sparks- side by side thru the quarter mile" BE THERE- BE THERE !!!

Wild Cat better work up a HERO card for Heidi. HMMM.. ( HEMI HUNTRESS ) ???
Gotta change color......Lets see, probably pink. Oh, and maybe "HIGH-YO HEIDY" on the rear bumper.
(get it... HIGH.. for the wheelie --- and have her dress like a cowgirl for the hi-o western theme )
Oh the possibility's are endless

hint to Daryl: ( You May want to talk with Santa about her very own helmit )

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:16 pm

That's great guys!! Any pics?

Bandito, check my reply to your comment on Facebook, I posted a link to someone elses photo album. :wink:

And Zappy, my cart's gotta be purple...forget that prissy pink stuff, heehee! I like the radio ad idea but I don't see myself as a cowgirl either. Got any more ideas?? :roll:

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:13 pm

A new dog, a new trailer and now a new drag race queen.
Hahahahahaha!!! :D That's too funny! :mrgreen:
I've been waiting for Zappy to post his full report of the weekend and if he did, I missed it. And if he didn't, I'm tired of waiting. So here's some more details. Daryl finished in second place in the quick 16 race and I came in first in the blind man (or as I prefer to call it - the blind woman) obstacle course. Zappy got lots of seat time during the day and also grudge races with Kurt on Saturday night. At one point, Daryl and I were afraid that he might run out of gas. :roll:

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Great she told it. Thats when the bug bit her. Sat. She won the "blind driver" obsticle course competition. Now gang ya goota feel for poor Daryl. You know that from now on, anytime the subject of driving skill comes up, I'm sure the smack talk will go somethin like :

"Well ya know honey.....I can drive better blindfolded, than......."

I'm not even gonna finish, to many possibilitys, LOL The thing is...SHE'S RIGHT, cause she's got a trophy to prove it.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Somethin went wrong...I hit send on a post long ago that did'nt show up...Don't know where it went ??? Oh well proly me not used to this new flat keyboard. So here goes take two:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
NORTH AMERICAN KART KONVENTION at MARION COUNTY in OHIO. Great weather, cool temps, (the gas carts loved it) dry air, (the gas carts liked that), super traction, all the carts liked that.

This event had a 1/8mi drag.It was great for the quicker carts. The green 540cc cart that I drive is just commin on in the 100ft, so I was lookin forward to lettin her run. Now for some background, the cart folks are all about speed, top-end. You walk up to drag folks and ask "what does it run" you get: "mid 12's" or "she'll do 10.20's. Ask cart folks the same question and you get: "she'll do 38 in the 1/8th" or "I can do 43mph on a good day"

Ok now first TT. Good RT. she slips the tire just enough, then starts to pull. Just before 100ft (where we used to get ready to shut down) she really comes on. The "R's" keep climin and she sets me back in the cage. WOW, this is a golf cart?? She keeps pullin till about 500ft or so, then levels out and perrs to the 1/8th.

After holdin her at the max like that I lifted completely at the stripe. Opps, she thru me forward like a down shift. wasnt expecting that and I wobled back and forth a little. When I come back to the head of the staging lanes, everyone is all smiles, it's hi-5's, and thumbs up. I had'nt looked at the slip yet, I wanted to get back quick to cool her off, so I ask, What did she run?? (hers why the above explanation) "Zap you just went five two!!!

I said NO WAY, I knew we didn't do the 1/8 in 5.2ET. No-No Zap, you went 52MPH!!! Oh, OK. Yup CCM had top speed by a bunch.
ET was 11.89. So I start checkin other speeds, best I saw is about 46. Well gotta see if it was a fluke, so TT #2 . Now she's warmed up. Slight bog, 11.97 but 53MPH. COOL. This time I lift gently and she settles down real smooth. Several other tries give a best of 11.31 @ 53.06 MPH. Hmm 11.3 to 11.97 gonna be tough to dial.

Quick 16 RD 1) I dial 11.75 thinkin maybe I'll click early if I got him covered big time.(yeah, right) not me. I think I got a good light and I take it to the stripe. My win light comes on, GREAT. Now most of my TT's were 11.7 to 11.9 I thru out the 11.31 cause I never came close to that again.
WOW slip says 11.20 @ 52.93 where that come from?? I'm 5 tenths under, should have lost, but he went 11.55 @ 47.73 on a 12.47 so he was 9 under. A DBL breakout, Whew got lucky there.

Q-16 RD 2) Another good light, then a big bog, like a .90 class on the "T" stop. I peddle her and wam she comes right back, pulls real hard, but I can't catch him. he runs 12.04 on a 11.90. I had changed dial to 11.30 - went 12.17. I compaired 60ft's RD 1 i had a 2.47. Rd 2 was 3.24. So take away the .77 the bog cost and We would have run 11.40 on the 11.30 dial = 10 over to his 14 over we would have won cause my 061 light had his 073 covered. But thats racing. I had a BLAST.

Side note: I had hi-MPH till Daryl himself took it away by about 3 or 4 tenths. My best 53.18 Daryl went 53.4 I think. So CCM still held top two MPH's
Anyway a super time with great folks. Much more to tell, (100ft & blind man) but finger sore.

23t

Postby 23t » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:14 am

Great report Zap! Should have posted Sunday eve. Now I got to catch up. :roll: Thanks for coming down to drive the mean green machine! I had a great time.

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”