CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
23t
CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Postby 23t » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:59 pm

CCM is going to kick off the 2010 golf cart drag racing season May 1st at Marion County International Racway in LaRue, Ohio. I'm really looking forword to having Zappy back in the seat representing CCM. Get Well Soon Zappy! :D

The North American Golf Cart Challenge May 1st at the Marion County International Raceway.

Open to golf carts (3 and 4 wheeled) and utility carts. (Workhorse, Gaters, ete.)
"Anything goes" Electric, up to 48v max. Gas, up to 2 cylinder max.
Track length, 100'.
5 tenths tree.

2 Classes.
Bracket Race. Dial-in handicap.
Guaranteed Payout $100.00 win, $50.00 runner up.
But the more that show up to race, more $$ will be added to the payout!

The Buckeye Battery Sponsored Quick 8 Race.
ANYTHING GOES!!! ANYTHING!
(depends on how many fast carts show) This could go from Quick 8 to a Quick 16.
Drivers must be at least 18yrs and wear a helmet.
Bracket race format. 5 tenths tree.
Payout $100.00 win, $50.00 RU.
Bonus money
For the quickest cart, $50.00.
2nd quickest cart. $25.00.

Gates open at 2:00. cart time trials at 4:00, racing at 6:00. Yes, the times have been bumped up.
$10.00 spectater fee. Kids 6yrs to 12, $5.00
$20.00 cart and driver entry fee.

Zappy

Re: CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Postby Zappy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Ahh Yes, the offical announcement. I am thrilled to once again be the one to wheel the "SHOCK THERAPY" cart for CLASSY CARTS. This time it's at the dragstrip so I'm expecting a ton of carts to enter. Hmmm, now what to ware?????

I saw two Dr.s today and was cleared to drive (finally). Also can get rid of those compression socks. Gonna try therapy soon to see if that speeds recovery.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Looks like a GREAT schedule, 23t! Zappy, take your time, my friend. I know that you have the desire to drive again as soon as possible, but that was a serious blowover you had last month and I don't want you out there until you're 100%. I have to admit, if I were you I couldn't resist running Shock Therapy on a drag strip, though. Be safe. Cheers, WC1 8) :arrow:
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Oh yes, safety first WildCat. When I said I could drive I meant on the streets. I did'nt drive yet, chest still pretty sore, but it's nice to know I can. I'll probably give it a try this weekend with Linda as a back-up just in case.

True: this race IS at a dragstrip, but if I understood 23T , they are setting up the cart drags in the staging lanes, so as not to interfear with the drag cars. Then when the drags are done for the day, the carts take over. Thats why Im expecting so many carts. When the track shuts down I'm thinkin every one with a cart or 4 wheeler will enter.

23t

Postby 23t » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:34 am

Right Zappy, This will be setup in the staging lanes. 100' from start to finish. Just like the Winternationals race only outside. This will be a good race since it's open to all carts. I hear a guy's coming clear from Texas bringing 3 of his fastest electric carts. Looking for him to be making some high 3's low 4 sec. runs in that 100'. This also will be a good place to test the new gear set I installed in the wheelstander cart. We'll see if Perry math was right on the top speed and if It lost much of the low end torque.

And yes, I agree, I think if the weather is decent, their will be a good turnout for this event. :D

RH

Postby RH » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:26 pm

:D :D :D
8) 8) 8) !

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:02 pm

23T, I like the idea of testing the new gears on all 4 first. If Perry is right, I think it's too much top end for that wheelbase. Take the weight out and we'll run it down the 1/4 to see what it top ends at and see how it handles.
Then if you want to stand it up, it's up to you.

I can't wait to see the TX carts. (it would'nt happen to be that one you showed me??)

Only 6 weeks.

23t

Postby 23t » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 pm

23T, I like the idea of testing the new gears on all 4 first. If Perry is right, I think it's too much top end for that wheelbase. Take the weight out and we'll run it down the 1/4 to see what it top ends at and see how it handles.
Then if you want to stand it up, it's up to you.

I can't wait to see the TX carts. (it would'nt happen to be that one you showed me??)

Only 6 weeks.
4 wheel testing for sure! Hey, It's got a 64" wheelbase, should it be longer? :D Got to keep it short, there's only so much room in the trailer!
I'm thinking a 330' pass then a 1/8th pass. With the old gears I was maxed out @46mph before the 1/8th. At that point, it should tell me how much the speed picked up. 60mph max is what i'm hoping for. That, I think I can handle. But if it goes the Perry calculated speed (85mph)....... :shock:

The guy from TX. If I could find the picture I'd post it again. But yes, he's has the red white and blue cart. 8)

greenracing

Postby greenracing » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:25 am

It might take a 1/4 mile to get itself wound up with the higher gears, it'll be interesting. Hey - you can always put a bottle on it if it's too sluggish - then you'll have the only bottle-fed wheelie cart around - think of the new promotions! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”