CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
bandit
Re: CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Postby bandit » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:10 pm

You guys get your power back??
In case DL'ers don't know, Daryl and Hiedi came real close to a tornado this week. :shock: :( Hope all the neighbors are ok.
Nano!!

23t

Postby 23t » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:30 pm

No to the power! At the mercy of the power co.!

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:36 pm

A TORNADO ??? No we didn't know :shock: Thanks bandit. Daryl, you guys ok??? No power, that stinks.

23t

Postby 23t » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:17 am

No deaths or injuries were reported Bandit. Just material losses. So thankful!

Other than carrying water in to flush the toilet and running the gen. to keep fridge and freezer going. All is well on the home front Zap. I was lucky and didn't lose power to the shop anyway. So atleast I can keep on working. :wink:

Last time the power was out was a couple of winters ago. A limb fell on a powerline. It took them 3 days to get power restored. There reason was they had to order and get shipped in a transformer. I would think you would keep one on hand for emergencies! :roll: So who knows how long it will take them this time. Were on day 2 so far.

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:03 am

A few years back during the heat of summer we were out 7 days... lucky a store QT down the road still had cold beer for sale :D
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

bandit

Postby bandit » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm really happy to hear no one was hurt or worse. What a weird time for a tornado.
Nano!!

23t

Postby 23t » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Power is back on!!!!! :D We return you to the normal everyday life of 23t! :D

Can't wait to get our, 3 days without power, AEP discount!! Yaaaa right! :roll:

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Glad to hear it's all back to normal there, especially that you folks are OK, Daryl.

We didn't get any discounts after having no electricy for 9 days in 2008 (hurricane Ike)...same for phone, satellite, internet, etc...I don't think they gave any of that a second thought. We called and told them, look. We didn't have any utilities all that time...and I wasn't working (or getting paid) for the same reasons...they said pay the billed amount on time, see ya. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

23t

Postby 23t » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:02 am

I guess we need to pay for the days without power for the overtime hours of the crew to make repairs. Oh well what ya gonna do!

I don't remember if I've posted this but we bought a new used 34' gooseneck trailer. In preperation for the upcoming year (2011) of traveling with IHRA Thunder Jam Shows we needed a better setup. The old truck camper, 4' extention hitch, and 30' trailer was making driving a real task. I've heard nothing but good about the goosenecks and how nice they pull. So I hope I made a move in the right direction. I removed everything from the truck camper that I could use and installing it in the goose. For the last week I've been real busy building. I will post some pictures of the prosess next week when I think i'll have some time. It's getting there!

Marion Race this weekend so I have to get it done. Or real close to done anyway!!

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”