CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
WildcatOne
Re: CLASSY CARTS MOTORSPORTS NEWS 2010

Postby WildcatOne » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Great move "in the right direction" by 23t! You'll be happy as all get-out with the goose. Great going, Daryl! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

23t

Postby 23t » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:09 am

Thanks guys! Rush is on to get the trailer done so we can leave tonight. It won't be 100% finished but it will good enough for the weekend. What a challenge! Trying to figure out how to build a house and a garage in a given area! :roll:

You know, I'm thankful that I grew up in a middle class family. My parents didn't have much spending money after the bills were paid. But both of my parent knew how to use what resources were available at the time. My Mom was very crafty. She could knit, sew and make rugs out of plastic bags. Yep! Plastic bags! My Dad could repair or patch just about anything with whatever and had great woodworking skills. They both could make something out of what looked like nothing. I guess that was passed on to me. That explains were the packrating skills came from also. :lol: Thanks Mom and Dad!

And the new addition name is Molly, Wheelz. Arrff!! :D

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:40 am

Daryl I think the new trailer is just awesome. If it tuns out in finished form as good as it looked half finished it is going to be reeeaaaalllll nice. :D :D
Wheelz, yer right. Got to see it tonight. It is "SLICK & TRICK". ( like everything the "D" man works on ). That removable wall is the cats tail.

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Had a great time at the golf cart convention. I won't give any details as of yet because I know a certain someone is supposed to do the full report. :wink:
But just had to say that the trailer worked great, got lots of compliments on Daryl's hard work and the maiden voyage went well. Tippy and Molly even liked it!! :lol:

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Had a great time at the golf cart convention. I won't give any details as of yet ]

Hows that for being humble, If I was her I'ld be bustin at the seams. Well if she won't tell ya, I will. "FLASH - STOP THE PRESSES" Let me be the first to announce that our own CRAFTYGIRL just WON her FIRST drag race. 8) 8)

It's true. In a special match race Sunday at Marion County, Heidi strapped in the green cart. Her opponent was a drag racer that her and daryl know from racing Alts. named Kirt. So this was NO cake walk for her. I've seen Kirks car, It's a stretched wheelbase alt T, with chevy power. It runs mid to high 9's. So he knows drag racing. Kirt was in a 500cc cart I believe, that belongs to his friend.

There are no ET's or MPH's because there was no power to the track. Therefor no tree either....so Daryl did the old flagman start, and they raced to the 330ft cone. Well she dusted him - a star is born.
All wins are great, but you guy's know, theres just somethin special about that FIRST one.

Won't you join me in congratulating one of our own, on her very first drag race WIN. YEEE-HAAA, girl power
You go girl.

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:17 am

Awwww, thanks Zappy! I've been wanting to try the cart for awhile now and finally decided it was time. I was a little leery at first (and so was Daryl) but once I got the feel for it, I couldn't stop my foot from mashing the pedal to the floor. :twisted: It was fun! Then Daryl asked me if I wanted him to get the wheelstander out and try it.....nope. Not yet. But who knows, maybe someday! 8)

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:38 am

CONGRATS ON THE WIN! Heck, it just feels good to make a pass, but when the win light comes on...whoosh! You're transported to a new place! Great going, Crafty Girl and 23t! Life is good! Thanks for the report, Zappy! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

bandit

Postby bandit » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:31 pm

That's great guys!! Any pics?
Nano!!

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”