NORTH AMERICAN GOLF CART CHALLENGE REPORT

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Zappy
NORTH AMERICAN GOLF CART CHALLENGE REPORT

Postby Zappy » Mon May 24, 2010 12:52 am

The day was full of suprises. First when PJ and I arrived Crafty presented us both with OFFICAL CCM TEAM shirts. We were thrilled. We instantly put them on. Then it was PJ's turn. Knowing how much Daryl said Crafty likes the "Filet of Fish" song...Pj brought a "Billy the big mouth bass" that sings that song........Crafty was speechless, :P :P

TIME TRIALS: PJ and I both were trying NOT to over rev the carts....yet you had to a little just to get 'em to move. I wound up goin deep, put the top bulb out, then not hard enough on the brake. When I took her up for the launch, I crept thru for the red-light, no time. PJ also had a little trouble, so Daryl decided to show us how they should sound.

After Daryl's test run ( 4.05 @ 31.56 mph) PJ and I looked at each other and said "AH-HA!!! now we get it" We were trying to be gentle on the carts and were'nt giving them what they needed.

Well I straped up again and went 4.05, ok there's a starting point.
Next pass 3.82 @ 32.44. Ok, startin to get a feel now.
Lets try stagin real shallow and see what I can get......WHAA-LAAA 3.72 8) now THATS what I'm talkin about.
(we bad..uhh haa...oh yeah....we bad...ahh-humm....watch out...,get back...WORD...)LOL Gene Wilder

Lastcall for TT's, so Back I go: 3.87 @ 32.26...Hmmm was-up??? Oh well toss out the 3.72 and 4.05. (best and worse)
I dial a 3.80. Daryl was right we both qualify for the BUCKEYE BATTERY QUICK 8.

1st rd elims : My opponent runs 4.12 on a 4.09 dial. I run 3.83 on a 3.80 dial. Both of us +3 hundreds, should be close.
NOPE...I went RED -0.14 :cry:
I think 4 of us 1st rd losers do the buy-back. So next I'm paired up with the quickest cart there. Super loud-BIG tire cart.
Bring it.

I'm ready, he dials 2.98...goes 3.19 (+21) the door is open. We both have .30 reaction times. I kept the 3.80 dial.........
run 3.70....Say what??? Yup I broke out. Stick a fork in me - I'm done.

But alas, PJ Makes it to the final of the quick 8, and runner-ups. Gets a nice trophy + $75.
So thats two cart drags 2010 and CCM makes both finals. 1-win, 1-RU. not too shabby huh??

Oh yeah I had a little suprise too. I made a small parachute and tossed it out at the stripe. It may be hard to see in the pics and vid, but they tell me the crowd liked it.

I can't tell you how great it was to:
1) stage up again...(after a rather tough Feb. + March)
2) stage up in somethin quick
and 3) to stage up next to my son = priceless.

I can't begin to thank Daryl + Crafty enough...there are no words, THANK YOU.
Well, thats what I did today, and I loved it.
Zapp

23t

Re: NORTH AMERICAN GOLF CART CHALLENGE REPORT

Postby 23t » Mon May 24, 2010 7:22 am

You guys are most welcome!! Both of you done a great job driving!! Thanks for the fine report Zappy!

I'm certainly not functioning 100% with the state of mind I'm in after what happened last week!

PJ

Postby PJ » Mon May 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Interesting how he doesn't mention how much faster I was then him :)

It was a great time, thanks to the two bosses for having us drive.

I was surprised how quick those were. It took a while getting used to revving it so high, especially being someone else's didn't want to hurt anything.

I kept getting quicker each pass and kept having to adjust my dial down. Got down to a 3.54. Then the finals rolled around we couldn't get the cart started. By the time we did the other was already up there ready. They staged and just before I pull in I see that they have the dial ins swapped. Too many distractions, I was focussed on not letting it give me a bad light and it didn't, unfortunetly I didn't rev it up high enough so I fell off a tenth and gave up the chance of continuing the CCM win streak.

Still a great weekend. I liked the cash, my daughter has taken control of the trophy lol
http://www.petitiononline.com/nhra/petition.html

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Mon May 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Sounds like a great time...excellent report, especially on the racing action! I felt like I was riding along! Would have hurt the ETs if I did, though...great stuff, guys! WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:01 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Cool Deal 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Fun story, Zap! Sounds like you guys had a great time. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Interesting how he doesn't mention how much faster I was then him :)
Ok true, you were about 2 tenths quicker. But I had the top speed of both carts.
And if yer not nice, I'll tell them the name on your cart. :shock:

Wild cat, no worry these carts had plenty of GET. Maybe you would have helped with traction.
And YES it was a BLAST. They took off lke a trans brake car, high rpms then BAM like popin a clutch.

CraftyGirl

Postby CraftyGirl » Tue May 25, 2010 6:45 am

Zappy, I'm glad you guys had a good time, it was fun to watch. And I knew that PJ would have to bring up the fact that he was faster than you. :wink:

RH

Postby RH » Tue May 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Zapp and PJ Livin' the dream :D
Glad you guys had fun....that's what it's all about! :wink:

Ron
"I get pushed outa' shape and it's hard to steer, when I get rubber in all four gears"

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”