DLN's V reports

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
Zappy
Re: DLN's V reports

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 pm

[quote="pro70z28"][

But they were Red, White & Blue........... :shock:

Yer right Pro they were. (last time I dress patriotic) lol

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:20 pm

I know just how ya feel Pro. I feel the same way. Last year I got to take down the body stand for Solid Rock.
This year I got to drive the chase truck, for Vic's Vega, gather the chute, bring water for the driver. Not the kind of thing you get to do every day. Very cool indeed.

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am

I never noticed the blower, Al, was it a part time deal or just a fake with no internals? I did talk to the guy in the staging lanes awhile, he was telling me he was having a hard time getting traction off the line. He was getting a kick out of our staged starting line crew deal.

it was a B&M 6-71 streetcharger they are unussually quiet and 2 lobes vs 3 it was spinning when he started the motor . with my plugs on I could hear the gears whining .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:23 am

Sounds like another good time had by all. Sharon and I would like to make one before I become fossilized so hopefully soon. I imagine everyone hated the heat but missed the bug problem.... (George)??????? Let's hear some more stories and pictures. :D :D :D

yes ,you must come and they set out fresh naners at the Hotel,too

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 am

the last run I thought i was in school with vic showing us how to rolll the chute up . and zappy next time hand me the waterbotle cap , I had to be cupholder for the return trip to the pits ...

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Sorry Stimpy I thought it would be enough to steer the car and hold the bottle, I didn't want Vic to have to worry about the cap too. We're experienced now, just think how good we'll be, (if we ever get another gig) :P :P :shock:

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Great recap, Zappy, and great comments from all. We are in Sterling, Colorado, and Denise's parents' house and I got the Draglist computer hooked up and rolling (don't even need to borrow Jason's like I had to on the road). Won't get the photos for another ten days, but will post them as soon as we hit the door (or shortly thereafter). It was a great time and it was extra special to have the entire family with me again. Don't know if we'll be able to do that again with Jason off to the Navy in September, but we'll see what happens...

Thanks to Mary and Stimpy for the amazing afghan... it was perfect -- just like a big checkered flag! We also ended up with a few remaining t-shirts. I'll post the sizes soon and will mail them from here if anybody wants one. $15 including postage. I think we only have XL and 2XL though...

Thanks to all for another amazing DLNs... it was great. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

rock

Postby rock » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:56 pm

only 361 day(roughly) till DLN VI

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”