DLN's V reports

Here's where our individual members can fill us in on their racing, car building, or other exploits.
rock
Re: DLN's V reports

Postby rock » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 am

rock, if you can get my shoe scraped off the starting line I would greatly apreciate you sending it back to me ..
nope we added it to our collection of shoes and tools.parts that find their way to the starting line

Iowa Al

Postby Iowa Al » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:33 am

Since I drive back and forth from home, I was at the track in the heat from 11:30 AM to 11:30 PM on Saturday.
I'm not sure about the blown Corvette Gary wrote about really being blown. I saw it running a couple of
times and the blower was not turning. Was it set up like the Mad Max car???
I have a disc with lots of photos that I will mail to Bill today, so he can edit and post them when they
get back.
In spite of the heat, it was a great time again.
Vic, Rapid Randy and Radar put on a great show.
And Riley, he thinks he's a better photographer than me
with his borrowed camera. LOL!!!!
IA AL

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 pm

I never noticed the blower, Al, was it a part time deal or just a fake with no internals? I did talk to the guy in the staging lanes awhile, he was telling me he was having a hard time getting traction off the line. He was getting a kick out of our staged starting line crew deal.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Sounds like another good time had by all. Sharon and I would like to make one before I become fossilized so hopefully soon. :D :D :D
It was a great time Wheelz. You gotta make next year. Tentative 3rd weekend in July. 15-16-17. 2011.
If you come I'll bet you win a trophy. (I'm pretty tight with the trophy guy) lol.
Last edited by Zappy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:27 pm

NOTE TO TROPHY LABEL GUY: Next year is DLN's VI :D

PJ

Postby PJ » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Hey Pop's who the heck is Bocke's lol

Oh no if you told the *ahem* shorts story then I forsee a very scary DLVI uniform for next year. No worries for the folks that heard it, we now have him back on his meds AND we have a checklist taped to the front door that he is to go over before he leaves the house.
http://www.petitiononline.com/nhra/petition.html

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Hey Pop's who the heck is Bocke's lol

Oh no if you told the *ahem* shorts story then I forsee a very scary DLVI uniform for next year. No worries for the folks that heard it, we now have him back on his meds AND we have a checklist taped to the front door that he is to go over before he leaves the house.

But they were Red, White & Blue........... :shock:

:D :D :D :D

Zappy

Postby Zappy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 pm

[quote="PJ"] who the heck is Bocke's lol quote]

BACH...ok BACH as in Johann Sebastian.
Lets not start the spelling thing again. I had trouble several months ago with some clown that thought they were perfect.
I was talkin classical music, played by a cello,(sp) if those two clues don't help ya , then move on, nothing to see here.
Last edited by Zappy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:57 pm

Short report #2.

I'd like to thank VIC for letting me be a part of the Veney's Vega Funny Car Super Crew. I had the "strap VIC in" duties and the ''grab the body pole'' duties as Stimpy lowered the body.

Then I got to help Rapid pack the chutes on the Rear Gears Funny Car, all in the same day. How cool is that. Thanks to both of you for letting me be part of a funny car crew for a little while. That was cool. 8) 8)

Return to “Super Crew Team Reports”